LG G4 Battery Life Thread

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile My Account App - Battery Drain!

I see my GPS on for no reason sometimes.. I wonder if this is why.. hmm

How did you find that out?

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Clicked on Location to see what apps were using it, and the Tmo My Account showed up. Went to it and forced stopped it, and the location icon stopped. But minutes later, doing it again. I looked under settings, general, battery, usage, Android system, and GPS is like non stop.

Posted via the Android Central App

L0N35T4R

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

Mine does this too and I can't figure out how to get the app disabled for good. It will restart on its own

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I don't like that app honestly. Don't see a need for it.

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Neither do I, but can't uninstall/disable it. So the constant GPS stopped after about 2 hours. I know the Tmo My Account app is the culprit, just don't know why it happened. It was going on all day. Even had my phone off for majority of the day. Turned it on, and it kicked off again and started draining.

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Happening again. I have to turn Location off. This sucks.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Go into the app and press the three little dots in the top right hand corner. Then go to options and uncheck everything up top. This seemed to help for me.

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if this has to do with the 10h update that just came out? I was on an earlier version, never having the problem, but now I do since getting the "mandatory" upgrade.

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

I wonder if this has to do with the 10h update that just came out? I was on an earlier version, never having the problem, but now I do since getting the "mandatory" upgrade.

Mine does this without the update.

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Not on T-Mobile but i noticed my GPS icon coming on a lot more often than it did on my G3. I used Access Lock to the away location from just about every app i could.

Check out page 3 of this thread for Access Lock.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=539295

Guess what, the pre-installed apps doesn't show up in the list which means the T-Mobile app doesn't show up there and can't be changed, I just checked

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Mine does this without the update.

Mine literally started yesterday. And I didn't use my phone since I can't take it to where I work so I leave it off. I just thought the battery was draining fast since it's been off all day and it was getting all my texts, emails, voicemail, etc. Nope.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

This is just another reason I can't wait for the bootloader to be unlocked and a root be developed. I want to get rid of this nonsense!

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I am on AT&T and not T-mobile, but the first thing I do with my G4 (or any other smartphone) was to disable ALL apps starting with AT&T in the name. :p I can't delete them but I can disable them!

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

I am on AT&T and not T-mobile, but the first thing I do with my G4 (or any other smartphone) was to disable ALL apps starting with AT&T in the name. :p I can't delete them but I can disable them!

We can't disable this one unfortunately. Only force stop it, but it starts back up again on it's own.

jordandj24

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site

Go into the settings and at the bottom there's a power saver option. I took off account sync from there so maybe that will help with the battery drain. This app is also showing up on my list as high battery use.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Apparently from what I hear you can't disable this app?

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Go into the settings and at the bottom there's a power saver option. I took off account sync from there so maybe that will help with the battery drain. This app is also showing up on my list as high battery use.

There's a bug with the app because it turns on GPS and won't turn it off, thus draining the battery. Since we can't disable it, Tmo needs to release an update to tweak this. Thus just started happening to me since I received the 10h update.