I do not have a G4, but am highly interested in upgrading my Nexus 5. I've got a few questions to G4 owners though:

1. Have you downloaded a custom launcher? (ie, Nova, Google Now, etc)
    2. If so, which one?
    3. How has it performed on the phone? Have you noticed any lag or decreased performance compared to the stock launcher?
    4. If you have stuck with the stock launcher, what has been your impression of that?

My reason for asking is that I love the Google Now launcher on my N5, and would likely switch to that over LG's stock launcher. But I am curious what impact, if any, that would have on the overall performance. Thanks!
    06-03-2015 03:16 PM
    I'm using Action Launcher 3 on my G4 and I haven't noticed any difference in performance between it and the stock launcher.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-03-2015 07:27 PM
    I do not have a G4, but am highly interested in upgrading my Nexus 5. I've got a few questions to G4 owners though:

1. Have you downloaded a custom launcher? (ie, Nova, Google Now, etc)
    2. If so, which one?
    3. How has it performed on the phone? Have you noticed any lag or decreased performance compared to the stock launcher?
    4. If you have stuck with the stock launcher, what has been your impression of that?

My reason for asking is that I love the Google Now launcher on my N5, and would likely switch to that over LG's stock launcher. But I am curious what impact, if any, that would have on the overall performance. Thanks!
    I downloaded and am using Nova Launcher. There is no lag at all in my device, everything runs smoothly. I'd highly recommend it.
    GibMcFragger likes this.
    06-03-2015 08:26 PM
    I downloaded and am using Nova Launcher. There is no lag at all in my device, everything runs smoothly. I'd highly recommend it.
    Agreed. Finding great performance from Nova. Super smooth.

GibMcFragger likes this.
    06-03-2015 08:50 PM
    For you that are using Nova, does your stock Messaging app still work? For some reason mine doesn't, but everything else works fine. It says the app isn't installed, when it clearly is. If I go back to stock launcher, it works fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

06-04-2015 02:13 PM
    For you that are using Nova, does your stock Messaging app still work? For some reason mine doesn't, but everything else works fine. It says the app isn't installed, when it clearly is. If I go back to stock launcher, it works fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

no idea if this will help you or not, but i've seen something similar (except i use apex launcher). have you tried opening your messaging app from the app drawer? when this type of thing happened to me in the past, i was able to fix it by "deleting" the shortcut and then re-adding the shortcut to the relevant app from the app drawer. hope it helps!

wally
    06-04-2015 03:49 PM
    Forgive me for hijacking but didn't want to start a new thread...

Is there any way to make Google Now available to the left of the home screen other than installing the Google Now Launcher?

Thank you.
    06-04-2015 03:58 PM
    Nova works well for me

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    06-04-2015 05:36 PM
    Thanks, but it won't open from the app drawer either. Developer didn't have a suggestion either... Hopefully someone knows how to fix it!

06-04-2015 10:00 PM
    Looking forward to trying out Next 3D. Should run even better than my N5

06-05-2015 04:20 AM