Anyone come from the Note 4?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you come from the Note 4 as I did/do (still haven't gotten rid of the Note, and probably won't), and you LOVE the Note 4, you're probably going to find the G4 lacking.

It will remind you a lot of TouchWiz (the older, badly done versions, unfortunately), a lot of features will sound familiar from the Note, but Samsung trumps LG in the implementation on most of them.

The camera, however, you'll love. Having full manual controls is AWESOME. Sure, some features and settings are unintuitive and you don't have as many options as you have with Sammy's, but once you get the hang of it, it's a delight.

And of course there's the S-Pen. If you, like me, use it a lot, you're gonna miss it. DEARLY.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I had(and still have) the Note 4, used it as a daily driver for about 6 months but came back to the G3, awaiting the G4 to arrive tomorrow. I don't miss the Note 4 overall, but that screen is amazing. Personally I had too many negatives for the note 4 and came back to the G3 which I still had thankfully.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the note 4. Just wanted to try out something different

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Had the Note 4 and Note 4 Edge. I feel like the Note had a better feel in the hand. Could just be something I need to get used to since the G4 is a bit smaller. From the screen perspective, it's not much of a compromise at all. Plus the habits and work flow of working the Note 4 are different than the G4. That will take some time to get used to. Besides that, not disappointed with my purchase.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781