06-11-2015 11:23 AM
31 12
tools
    I got the email that told me my pre ordered phone was backordered, expected to ship June 26th. This is the phone that made me pull the plug on my Windows phone. I know some may not like it but I really like the Windows UI. It wasn't that though that made me switch, it was the total lack of high end devices. However, I've been reluctant to come back to Android till I saw and started to read about this phone. Now, with the long wait period, I'm starting to waiver again. lol
    jeronimo21 likes this.
    06-04-2015 08:03 AM
    Maybe give them a call. I mean that's the reason you pre-order so there's one for you there when it arrives!

Sent from my VS986
    belodion likes this.
    06-04-2015 08:35 AM
    Welcome to Android Central.

I use WP as well and it is indeed disappointing to see that Microsoft seems to have neglected the high-end devices in favour of a large offering of low- and mid-range ones. The nearest that WP users have to flagships are the 930, 1020 (both of which I use) and the 1520. All are ageing, and, though eminently usable, make it less likely that high-end users will consider that platform. The 940 may or may not be imminent, however.
    In the Android world there is an embarrassment of riches at the flagship level. If you're like me you'll want to support both platforms, so grab the G4....it's fast turning out to be one of the best Android devices currently available (and some are saying THE best)....while adding any interesting WP device that may come along later.

Posted via the Android Central App
    jeronimo21, tardus and Jonneh like this.
    06-04-2015 08:39 AM
    Maybe give them a call. I mean that's the reason you pre-order so there's one for you there when it arrives!

Sent from my VS986
    I reserved it online but when I got the backorder email, called my local AT&T store and they told me they wouldn't have any left after their initial shipment arrives and orders filled.
    06-04-2015 09:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central.

I use WP as well and it is indeed disappointing to see that Microsoft seems to have neglected the high-end devices in favour of a large offering of low- and mid-range ones. The nearest that WP users have to flagships are the 930, 1020 (both of which I use) and the 1520. All are ageing, and, though eminently usable, make it less likely that high-end users will consider that platform. The 940 may or may not be imminent, however.
    In the Android world there is an embarrassment of riches at the flagship level. If you're like me you'll want to support both platforms, so grab the G4....it's fast turning out to be one of the best Android devices currently available (and some are saying THE best)....while adding any interesting WP device that may come along later.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I haven't cancelled my order just yet. I'm really looking at getting the 930 to hold me over, especially since I have the W10 preview build testing it out, but seeing that I'm on AT&T I'll have to sacrifice 4G. Testing that out now by setting my phone to 3G max to see how it will affect me. I know what your saying about the G4 looking like the best new thing around, thats what got me to consider the switch.
    belodion likes this.
    06-04-2015 09:17 AM
    I would call them and speak to someone about this or be at another ATT store when they open tomorrow morning for the launch and see about getting then if you're able to.

I think you will find Android far different from what many on those forums say about it now,and since most core features will be on Android you'll find the transition relatively easy.

Good luck with your issue and hope you get it sorted out and quickly

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8 till my LG g4 comes in.
    06-04-2015 09:19 AM
    I would just go to an AT&T store and try to get it at launch. I can't remeber the last andriod phone that wasn't available due to it being sold out on the launch date like an iphone. I know this phone is creating a lot of buzz, but Again, I don't see it being sold out at AT&T.
    06-04-2015 09:42 AM
    Well crap. Went to local ATT store with intent on picking it up and canceling online order but they didn't get any. LOL
    06-05-2015 09:14 AM
    Well crap. Went to local ATT store with intent on picking it up and canceling online order but they didn't get any. LOL
    Try another store! Or have them check where it is. Maybe best buy?

Posted via LG H815
    06-05-2015 09:22 AM
    I got the email that told me my pre ordered phone was backordered, expected to ship June 26th. This is the phone that made me pull the plug on my Windows phone. I know some may not like it but I really like the Windows UI. It wasn't that though that made me switch, it was the total lack of high end devices. However, I've been reluctant to come back to Android till I saw and started to read about this phone. Now, with the long wait period, I'm starting to waiver again. lol
    Neill, I'm in the same exact position. I love windows phone! Still rocking a trusty ole Nokia Lumia 920. Hands down the best phone I've ever owned, and I've had a few. If the 940 or McLaren ever makes it out, I will have a tough choice to make.
    06-05-2015 09:49 AM
    Try another store! Or have them check where it is. Maybe best buy?

Posted via LG H815
    On my way to another ATT store now, then I give up.
    06-05-2015 09:50 AM
    On Wednesday of this week I had to literally run to my T-Mobile store to get the last Grey G4. They had that and one leather - sold out fast.

I think that there is a market for a flagship Android phone with removable battery and sd - as poor Sammy is discovering.
    GibMcFragger likes this.
    06-05-2015 09:59 AM
    I hope the next store has one for you.
    tardus likes this.
    06-05-2015 10:03 AM
    Well, store # 3 and no luck. Don't get it, it's not like I live in the boondocks. lol
    06-05-2015 10:54 AM
    I'm in the same boat except that it's in stock at my local AT&T store. Problem is, they won't let me cancel my pre-order even though it's still listed in back order. They say if I want to cancel at this point, I have to wait for it to ship and refuse the shipment. Their only excuse for why they couldn't cancel is that they couldn't cancel back order items since the item is currently in stock at the warehouse, even if the shipment processing hasn't even started.
    06-05-2015 11:00 AM
    I'm in the same boat except that it's in stock at my local AT&T store. Problem is, they won't let me cancel my pre-order even though it's still listed in back order. They say if I want to cancel at this point, I have to wait for it to ship and refuse the shipment. Their only excuse for why they couldn't cancel is that they couldn't cancel back order items since the item is currently in stock at the warehouse, even if the shipment processing hasn't even started.
    That doesn't sound right. I would call the help desk and ask to cancel and I bet they will let you.
    06-05-2015 11:09 AM
    I've used the AT&T chat and called the Premier number. AT&T chat said they couldn't cancel it and they weren't sure why. Premier gave the excuse I listed above. They said it would likely begin shipping out either today or on Monday since they have the stock now, but once they have the stock, they cannot cancel back orders. It doesn't help when I'd prefer to pick up the phone today. If it had been shipped already, or even started processing for shipment, I could understand it. Just because they received inventory though, I don't think there are any gears being turned already that I need to stop if I want to cancel. Either way, I won't be getting my phone for at least a few more days unfortunately. Last time I pre-order from AT&T though.
    06-05-2015 11:16 AM
    Yeah that doesn't sound right. My back order email says I can cancel if I don't won't to wait.
    06-05-2015 11:18 AM
    Yeah that doesn't sound right. My back order email says I can cancel if I don't won't to wait.
    Feel free to try. I called the number listed in the email and was told that it couldn't be done at this point since they now have inventory.
    06-05-2015 11:19 AM
    Well if they have it in inventory I might as well wait it out since my local stores don't have it anyway. Man, good luck to us both.
    06-05-2015 12:10 PM
    Feel free to try. I called the number listed in the email and was told that it couldn't be done at this point since they now have inventory.
    Well 4th store I called has plenty. Called to cancel and got the same answer you got. Now I'm on hold with escalation team supervisor. This is just bad customer service.
    Well, same story you got. Can't cancel the oder because warehouse has accepted the order and has stock. However, can't say when my order will ship. Feel bad for the guy I talked to because I gave him an earful about how bad their system is.
    06-05-2015 01:01 PM
    Well 4th store I called has plenty. Called to cancel and got the same answer you got. Now I'm on hold with escalation team supervisor. This is just bad customer service.
    Definitely. Let me know how it goes. Hopefully someone can figure out to just delete the order and prevent somebody from putting a phone in a shipping box before it's too late.
    06-05-2015 01:04 PM
    Definitely. Let me know how it goes. Hopefully someone can figure out to just delete the order and prevent somebody from putting a phone in a shipping box before it's too late.
    Usually the shipment can be refused. I'd ask AT&T customer service and if they agree make a record of it and have acct notated - also note time of call, rep's name, etc.
    06-05-2015 01:12 PM
    Usually the shipment can be refused. I'd ask AT&T customer service and if they agree make a record of it and have acct notated - also note time of call, rep's name, etc.
    We could probably refuse the shipment but I'm sure he's in the same boat I am. As long as that order is out there we can't get one from the store because our upgrade no longer shows as eligible. So there will be no reason to refuse the shipment, it's just having no word on when it will ship, but ya can't cancel either.
    06-05-2015 03:28 PM
    We could probably refuse the shipment but I'm sure he's in the same boat I am. As long as that order is out there we can't get one from the store because our upgrade no longer shows as eligible. So there will be no reason to refuse the shipment, it's just having no word on when it will ship, but ya can't cancel either.
    Exactly. Would have loved to have had the phone today on release day, but it looks like I'm not going to be able to get it until next week at the earliest.
    06-05-2015 03:57 PM
31 12