Before I ask my question, just let me say that I did search for this and I found many hits not only on this site but various places. But they didn't quite answer my question. I just want a direct answer.

I have a Galaxy Nexus. I pre-ordered a G4 at full price from the Best Buy website and I chose store pickup. My plan is to keep my unlimited data plan. How do I go about doing this?

Do I have to take my mini-sim from my nexus and cut it into a micro-sim? Or can I just activate the new sim? OR is that a no no and activating a new sim will kill my udp?

Like I said, I did a search, but it seems most people were trying to find info on how to upgrade a second line and use it on the first line. Or if they were upgrading their #1 line that has udp there was some other mitigating circumstance that would throw off the scenario for me. So that's why I'm asking here. So if someone could fill me in on what I should do, that would help out a lot.
    06-04-2015 08:42 AM
    If you are purchasing off contract then there should be no reason why obtaining a new SIM that fits the device (from the carrier) will affect your unlimited data plan. Give them a call and tell them you bought a new phone and need the appropriately sized SIM card, and want to know if that will affect your current plan.

If you are up to modifying your current SIM then you can try going that route and see how it works out. There are a lot of kits/guides online that will help you cut it to the appropriate size.

Let us know how it goes and how you like the G4!
    06-04-2015 09:26 AM
    Before I ask my question, just let me say that I did search for this and I found many hits not only on this site but various places. But they didn't quite answer my question. I just want a direct answer.

I have a Galaxy Nexus. I pre-ordered a G4 at full price from the Best Buy website and I chose store pickup. My plan is to keep my unlimited data plan. How do I go about doing this?

Do I have to take my mini-sim from my nexus and cut it into a micro-sim? Or can I just activate the new sim? OR is that a no no and activating a new sim will kill my udp?

Like I said, I did a search, but it seems most people were trying to find info on how to upgrade a second line and use it on the first line. Or if they were upgrading their #1 line that has udp there was some other mitigating circumstance that would throw off the scenario for me. So that's why I'm asking here. So if someone could fill me in on what I should do, that would help out a lot.
    U can get a sim adater fairly cheap from amazon. I'm using one on my G4 since I had a 6 plus before. Also you shouldn't have any problems calling your provider and swapping sim cards. I've done it plenty of times with Tmobile. Also I wouldn't have best buy do anything with the phone since you purchased it out right. Just pick it up and call customer support and give the the new sim card number and they will take care of the rest.
    06-04-2015 10:02 AM
    if you're on att, no worries. get a new sim card from att store, let them try to activate, if can't just call att call center, they will do it for you without changing your data plan
    06-04-2015 02:07 PM
    You can get a new SIM that wont change your plan. Are you on Verizon?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-05-2015 05:22 AM
    You should be able to obtain a new SIM without changing your plan.
    06-05-2015 07:39 AM
    I've bought full retail a couple of times; once at BB and once through Verizon. In both cases I was up front and very specific with them that I wanted to keep my UD plan (therefore purchasing at full retail). In both cases not an issue, once used my old sim and the other used the supplied sim that came with the phone. Retained UD plan.....good luck!
    06-05-2015 07:51 AM
    Side note- should try and see if BBY will match Verizon's price. Verizon is selling for $549 and BBY is $609
    06-05-2015 08:13 AM
    Side note- should try and see if BBY will match Verizon's price. Verizon is selling for $549 and BBY is $609
    I've seen other posts where people were successful getting the price match. Always worth a try.
    06-05-2015 09:02 AM
    They should do it, as long as you ask for it. Otherwise that $100 gift card is really only worth $40 :P
    06-05-2015 09:18 AM