Puzzled about charging methods

msvanhorn

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
OK, I just bought an LG G4 Verizon Model from Best Buy. I assumed I would need to buy the folio / circle window case to get the wireless charging, but this is confusing. The gray stock back that came with the phone has what appears to be a charging coil and contacts, but the folio / circle case looks like just smooth plastic. Anyone else see this?

Also, what type of wireless charging does the G4 support?

Thanks!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
OK, I just bought an LG G4 Verizon Model from Best Buy. I assumed I would need to buy the folio / circle window case to get the wireless charging, but this is confusing. The gray stock back that came with the phone has what appears to be a charging coil and contacts, but the folio / circle case looks like just smooth plastic. Anyone else see this?

Also, what type of wireless charging does the G4 support?

Thanks!

The G4 does not support wireless charging by itself. It has to have the correct cover. I am curious what others have to say about the stock back though.

fritter7

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
The G4 does not support wireless charging by itself. It has to have the correct cover. I am curious what others have to say about the stock back though.

I'm pretty sure that I heard someone say that the stock back just has connections for NFC. The contacts that it touches are on the right side of the phone (looking at it from the back), not the left.

msvanhorn

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that I heard someone say that the stock back just has connections for NFC. The contacts that it touches are on the right side of the phone (looking at it from the back), not the left.

Ahh, that makes sense .... sort of. So, since I don't see any kind of coil in the circle / flip case it may be the wrong case. I read somewhere that there were cheaper flip cases that didn't have the coil.

doc31

May 15, 2010
Visit site
all LG back covers have a NFC connection on them... for wireless charging you'll need to quick circle case which has nfc & wireless charging connection. But there are 2 quick circle cases. 1. that snaps over your current back (which is most likely smooth in the inside) and 2. the quick circle case that replaces the back cover (which is for wireless charging)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz