In location setting, I need to turn on "My Place" to use smart settings but it's grayed out on my T-Mobile G4. How do I change this?
    06-04-2015 07:30 PM
    On the top of the screen to the far right of "Location" is a toggle. That has to be switched to on b4 you can set GPS mode or My Place.
    Roger
    06-04-2015 11:48 PM
    LOL...that's kind of a "make sure it's plugged in" answer. It is turned on. I'm sure I would have noticed if it wasn't.
    06-05-2015 08:32 AM
    LOL...that's kind of a "make sure it's plugged in" answer. It is turned on. I'm sure I would have noticed if it wasn't.
    You'll be surprised many years ago when I worked in tech support.

I had a customer saying he couldn't get his PC to boot & all he was seeing was a black screen (power was on the monitor) so I just happend to ask for the customer to look down at the wall sockets (low & behold he didn't switch on the base unit :-P

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-05-2015 08:37 AM
    Sorry Ric I can't read minds and had no idea of your knowledge level. The only way I could get the "My Place" to grey was to turn off the toggle. I'll try to remember that everyone here is an expert b4 I try to help. BTW I don't happen to see anyone else even giving it a try.
    Roger
    imnjs likes this.
    06-05-2015 10:37 PM
    In location setting, I need to turn on "My Place" to use smart settings but it's grayed out on my T-Mobile G4. How do I change this?
    I finally found a solution! I contacted the LG people and the 'my places' ONLY works if you turn on your mobile data
    gkhnnby, maha jerish and sswitzer like this.
    07-06-2015 02:39 PM
    I finally found a solution! I contacted the LG people and the 'my places' ONLY works if you turn on your mobile data
    Legend! Solved it for me!
    09-17-2015 06:55 AM
    Rather suspicious. Why would it need mobile data?
    12-12-2015 09:35 PM

Thanks a lot!! It helped me!
    06-30-2016 11:29 PM
    DUUDE!!! Thank you!
    07-01-2016 03:58 AM
    I have a ZTE Zmax and I was having a similar issue. I had changed my Location settings to "High" from my usual and fav of "Battery Saving". But after I was done on "High" I needed/wanted to switch back, but for some reason that I was unable to conclude why all my options where now greyed out. All I could do was On or Off my location settings. I'd been searching for a solution, especially for my device type but hadn't really found what I was looking for, at least until I happened upon this thread.

I run my device in Airplane mode to kill the data network, as I only use my device as a wifi phone, since I have no need for cellular data nor wish to be raped $. Anyway...knowing how Airplane mode can affect things in strange ways at times, no sooner I read this solution it occurred to me that this may fix my prob as well. Which is most definitely did, & for that I THANK YOU!
    08-14-2016 04:37 PM
    Legend! Solved it for me!
    Me too! Thanks!
    10-08-2016 01:40 PM