LGG4 Bluetooth issues

Jeff Houghtalen

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Got the new G4 (replacing a G3) and am having an issue with Bluetooth in the car. It only syncs the phone abd there is no option to sync media. It worked fine with the G3. Is there an option that I'm missing?

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Did you make sure you checked off all the options(wondering if it only enabled Call Audio profile for you). Worked fine for my Audi, even enables Internet Access through my car as an option, as well as Media Audio profile. (total of 3 profiles for my car listed on the G4)

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The option for phone and audio is in the settings when you tap on your car BT name in Bluetooth settings

Posted via LG H815

the53rdcard

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Also depending on the car radio, it might have a option that you have to turn on in the radio to allow bluetooth media, mine did

LghtandDrk

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a 2013 Honda Civic that will not work with a Samsung Galaxy S6. The phone would constantly disconnect and reconnect every 3 minutes for phone calls. Adjusting the Quick Connect Bluetooth timeout feature stabilized it a bit but thats it. From what I read, most Bluetooth disconnection issues for various brand Android phones are related to Bluetooth timeout issues. I spent two days on the phone with Honda, Samsung, Verizon and searching the internet but there currently is no fix.

I wanted to exchange it for an LG G4. However, I was concerned because I had read about Bluetooth issues with cars.

What year is your Honda Accord? Have you had any disconnection issues with phone calls or media?

This morning I also read two disturbing articles. Apparently the LG G4 Verizon version is missing some major and standard Android functionality in the Lollipop software as well as some features offered by other carriers. Simple things like the ability to quickly shut off wifi, bluetooth and location are missing. Apparently the FM radio feature is not available on the Verizon phones either. Supposedly there is an APK manual download update that can be installed but it can risk damaging the phone. Has anyone experienced this issue and have any feedback?

I also read that AT&T and Sprint customers had a surprising auto forced update yesterday morning that seemed to have no information behind it.

Any recommendations or info for a potential first time LG buyer would be appreciated.

Had no problem connecting to my honda accord.

Sent from my VS986

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a 2013 Honda Civic that will not work with a Samsung Galaxy S6. The phone would constantly disconnect and reconnect every 3 minutes for phone calls. Adjusting the Quick Connect Bluetooth timeout feature stabilized it a bit but thats it. From what I read, most Bluetooth disconnection issues for various brand Android phones are related to Bluetooth timeout issues. I spent two days on the phone with Honda, Samsung, Verizon and searching the internet but there currently is no fix.

I wanted to exchange it for an LG G4. However, I was concerned because I had read about Bluetooth issues with cars.

What year is your Honda Accord? Have you had any disconnection issues with phone calls or media?

This morning I also read two disturbing articles. Apparently the LG G4 Verizon version is missing some major and standard Android functionality in the Lollipop software as well as some features offered by other carriers. Simple things like the ability to quickly shut off wifi, bluetooth and location are missing. Apparently the FM radio feature is not available on the Verizon phones either. Supposedly there is an APK manual download update that can be installed but it can risk damaging the phone. Has anyone experienced this issue and have any feedback?

I also read that AT&T and Sprint customers had a surprising auto forced update yesterday morning that seemed to have no information behind it.

Any recommendations or info for a potential first time LG buyer would be appreciated.
I have a 2013 honda accord. Before that I had a 2013 Hyundai Sonata. (Sonata got totaled cause a tree fell on it. Long story). My Samsung Galaxy s3 worked perfectly in both cars. And this g4 is working perfectly in the Accord.

The other day I spoke to a Verizon tech support rep and he said there's update fixes Coming in the next weeks.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

ABHORRANCE

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I just Jumped on T-Mobile from my LG G2 (Android 5.01) to the LG G4 (Android 5.1). My car is a 2013 VW Jetta Hybrid with I believe the RNS-315 Stereo Head Unit. The G2 when on Anroid 4.4 synced fine for phone, and always displayed the incorrect song titles on the head unit for music. When I upgraded the G2 to Android 5.01, all Bluetooth features and syncing was perfect. Now on the LG G4, my phone pairs with the Bluetooth. I can accept phone calls, and I can play music. However, it does not import my contacts, and I can't voice-dial. Also, the music plays, but the song/artist/album titles do not display. The HU just displays "Bluetooth Audi". I have both Phone and Audio profiles enabled. I have tried the PlayerPro app, the Google Play app, and native music app. All same behavior. Any suggestions?

supadupa111

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Anyone here using a smart watch along with their Bluetooth audio?
If my Bluetooth headphones are connected and my pebble isn't, the audio will get disconnected every minute

L0N35T4R

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone here using a smart watch along with their Bluetooth audio?
If my Bluetooth headphones are connected and my pebble isn't, the audio will get disconnected every minute

I was having some Bluetooth issues and installed Bluetooth auto connect from the play store and that seems to be working for me. Give it a shot

Posted via the Android Central App

Teckjunkie

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I just got the G4 about a week and a half ago. I love it except the issue I'm having when I disconnect the bluetooth on my car. For some strange reason when I click the bluetooth button to disconnect my car from the bluetooth my G4 restarts.. This has happened to two separate G4's. I had the first one warrantied out at my carrier for a brand new device. Anyone having a similar issue?

rkhaudio

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 5 had no issues with my car system. Now with the G4, it connects and all is fine, but when the Kenwood receiver is turned off and turned back on, it will connect, but only for the phone, not Google Play. If I open the bluetooth menu, disconnect and reconnect my Kenwood, it all works again, that is until the deck is turned off again. Any suggestions?

Posted via a LG G4

mawallace

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I had issues with the phone and my Bluetooth kit on my VW Golf, 2014 model. I had issues in the past with my Samsung G4 as well.
On each occasion I installed Bluetooth Phonebook app, and contacts etc installed fine.i

atkhobby

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm not getting album and song name from my streaming app (Tidal/Wimp) in my car (BMW i3). I also get the names of the previous and next song in the LG music app(!) when I highlight the navigation buttons. Lucky they still navigate to the next song in the correct app.

Needless to say album art is nowhere to be seen.

I'm coming from the G2 with G3 rom and that one displayed song metadata with no issues. Original rom from LG however also thad troubles with showing metadata.

LG just have no clue how to get bluetooth right do they.

atkhobby

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Update: I disabled the stock LG music app and now I get song and album name in the car. I will investigate further...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the G4 in a number of cars (VW Golf and Ford Focus) and I have had no issues with it in either connection wise. In both it will connect for calls and media first time.

I very rarely have an issue with the call where is goes to robot garbles but i just end the call and start again.

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site

Link to sprint update? I have a sprint g4 and I have not seen one update. Tia

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon