I Love it I Love it I Love it I Love it I Love it I Love it

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Nice impressions from OP and people responding who also have the phone. Seems to have a really positive reception from the owners.

Can't wait to get it.

It's frigging awesome and I am super impressed by how everything just works and feels with it.

Posted with my awesome LG g4

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: I Love it I Love it I Love itI Love it I Love it I Love it

Mine is on it's way soon.

I bought a 128GB SD card just for it, and a QC 2.0 charger will join the party soon, along with an extra battery.

Jeez, why am I not in the States...

Can't wait to play with it!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm Scottish so it will be Buckfast (wine based) American equivalent would be Nighttrain lol sitting on the swings in the playpark 😜😜😜😜

Posted via the Android Central App

Oh jesus, Nighttrain? I have many foggy memories and the worst hangovers I've ever had from that stuff.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
It truly is . I keep finding more and more new things to do with it. I've added a sweet dark theme and icons from LG along with some new fonts. This was the one thing I really disliked about the the lg skin on it and was a battery killer being that bright. I'm not even running nova right now.

Even the standby time is crazy long way better than I ever got on my m8.

I love it

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
You'll very much appreciate what Lg have done with the G4 ??????

Well I've purchased one. In a week's time when it's delivered, I'll be the owner of the G4. Black leather model.

Really really really hope it gets me better battery life than my current S6. If it doesn't, I'll be very disappointed.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Well I've purchased one. In a week's time when it's delivered, I'll be the owner of the G4. Black leather model.

Really really really hope it gets me better battery life than my current S6. If it doesn't, I'll be very disappointed.

I just bought one too. I might switch out the 2900 battery in the new phone with my H815's 3000mh. I'll be very bummed if this phone doesn't smoke the the S6.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I just bought one too. I might switch out the 2900 battery in the new phone with my H815's 3000mh. I'll be very bummed if this phone doesn't smoke the the S6.

As you'll be aware that there is more to it (more so now than before) than Mah.

So Samsung (and others) opt for the 2600mah in the S6E and the 2850mah in the M9. This is down to the design.

The reason Samsung believes this to be reasonable is their highly qualified team of engineers.

What Samsung cant and hasn't got time for is testing the endless ways in which we individually use said device.

They then rely on feedback to release update patches.

The also rely on developers but i dislike how closed Samsung is becoming (Apple again) they need to let that go...and be open source in the true sense and thus will be better for us and Samsung.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I'm possibly getting one soon. I really hope the battery is much better on the G4. I'm not too terribly happy with my results so far on my S6.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I'm possibly getting one soon. I really hope the battery is much better on the G4. I'm not too terribly happy with my results so far on my S6.

Well if you have battery drain issues with the S6/edge then it will give you better battery life for sure, but if you're like me with very good battery life then it's basically the same and so far my S6 edge is having the edge.

I hope it gets better but in the last 2 days since I got the G4 , on weekend where I get at least 6 hours of SoT on my S6 edge, on the G4 with same spps and settings is giving me 5.5 SoT, with an instance that I needed to recharge at noon yesterday since it was draining like hell, right when I writing my review that I posted in this forum, it drained about 20% in about 35 minutes. After that it has normalized, and yesterday and today I've got 5.5 hours.

Again, I hope that it gets better but as of now, the difference in battery size in favor of the G4 has meant nothing.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but given the choice I'm still choosing a bigger battery.

This is just an example S6E stats as of now (32% Remaining).

So the S6 at present is better with its 2600mah than my 3000mah G4.

Rooting will change this as I believe wakelocks and other stuffs are preventing the G4's from being great.

That's not me saying I am unhappy with the battery life of my G4.

Attachments

• 1433721224682.jpg
    1433721224682.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 1433721238244.jpg
    1433721238244.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 53

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Well if you have battery drain issues with the S6/edge then it will give you better battery life for sure, but if you're like me with very good battery life then it's basically the same and so far my S6 edge is having the edge.

I hope it gets better but in the last 2 days since I got the G4 , on weekend where I get at least 6 hours of SoT on my S6 edge, on the G4 with same spps and settings is giving me 5.5 SoT, with an instance that I needed to recharge at noon yesterday since it was draining like hell, right when I writing my review that I posted in this forum, it drained about 20% in about 35 minutes. After that it has normalized, and yesterday and today I've got 5.5 hours.

Again, I hope that it gets better but as of now, the difference in battery size in favor of the G4 has meant nothing.
How are you getting 6 hours SOT on the S6? I get max 3 hours - and it is DEAD at 3 hours. I don't have any battery drain that I can tell. No cell standby issues in my battery stats. I can't tell why it is that bad. If I could get 6 hours SOT I wouldn't be looking elsewhere.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

I think you can (note can) get better battery life with it, however as with most phones I believe it will vary depending on your individual phone, habits, and how it is set up, and as I have found on mine, getting enough cycles on the battery.

I've found that all of the Super bright white backgrounds plastered all over Lollipop plays havoc with everyone's battery life. The bigger the screen, the worse it is. While we each have our preference on how our phone looks I think this issue will always be the cause for the wide discrepancies we are seeing with this phone. Not only this but with the automatic brightness settings. I think people are going to have to find the right balance, not just use what is the default settings. I would imagine that it is similar with the g6 in this regard too.

Turning off apps that are constantly syncing that you don't use is a biggie too. While all of the neat things the OEM's load on our phone is nice, not all are doing the battery any favors.

One of the nicest bonuses I have found out about this phone is it's standby time. On mine it is better than any phone I have ever owned including my m8. I will have to just let it sit for a few days to really see how much better, but all indications leads me to say that it is double of the m8.

I've owned many Android phones over the years some bad, some good, some great, but this one does seems to do everything I like better than all the rest so far.

I hope your experience is the same.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
It truly is . I keep finding more and more new things to do with it. I've added a sweet dark theme and icons from LG along with some new fonts. This was the one thing I really disliked about the the lg skin on it and was a battery killer being that bright.

My apologies if I misunderstood your point. But darker themes/screens help save battery on something like a Galaxy, a phone that uses an OLED screen. Those screens only produce light where it's required. So they draw less power when displaying a mainly-black screen.

But an LCD, such as used on the G3/G4, is different, from what I've read. LCD displays backlight the entire screen constantly, then use the LCD to block the light to make dark areas. But, as I understand it, a white display and a black display really don't change the power draw on an LCD. The backlight is on in either case, it's just a difference in what the LCD itself is doing. A single white pixel, or a whole screen of white, requires the same backlight behavior and power.

I wouldn't count on a power reduction from going to a darker theme on an LCD-screen phone.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
How are you getting 6 hours SOT on the S6? I get max 3 hours - and it is DEAD at 3 hours. I don't have any battery drain that I can tell. No cell standby issues in my battery stats. I can't tell why it is that bad. If I could get 6 hours SOT I wouldn't be looking elsewhere.

I get on avg 6 hours of SoT with 16 hours of standby, and that is with 3 hours of gaming, an hour of YouTube, and an hour of web. I've posted screen shots with as high as 7 hours of SoT. Here is screen shots of light use with no gaming.

I'm on AT&T Btw, I have everything turned on but tweaked a few things that I do with all my phones. I have another phone that has a bigger battery (zenfone 2), and if set at the same screen brightness it won't last as much as the S6.

Attachments

• 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 117

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Could you elaborate on what those tweaks are? Especially if they apply to other phones.

Look over the S6 forum for a thread I created in April, Tips and Tricks to maximize battery life...

Those are a summary of the same tweaks I always do in ALL my phones, like I did with the G4 on Friday, I have the G4 set as I have set all my past 6 or 7 phones including the S6 edge. Of those tweaks you'd choose the ones you want and prefer but I'd strongly suggest to at least turn off Smart Network and Scanning Always Available in WiFi settings and if you have WiFi calling to turn it off until you'll use it. Plus look closely for the Location Services option as it's the biggest drainer right now since Google incorporated Location Reporting into Location History at the end of April. And the brightness, this is very important but it's very subjective so it's up to each of you to select the level you feel comfortable with.

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Look over the S6 forum for a thread I created in April, Tips and Tricks to maximize battery life...

Those are a summary of the same tweaks I always do in ALL my phones, like I did with the G4 on Friday, I have the G4 set as I have set all my past 6 or 7 phones including the S6 edge. Of those tweaks you'd choose the ones you want and prefer but I'd strongly suggest to at least turn off Smart Network and Scanning Always Available in WiFi settings and if you have WiFi calling to turn it off until you'll use it. Plus look closely for the Location Services option as it's the biggest drainer right now since Google incorporated Location Reporting into Location History at the end of April. And the brightness, this is very important but it's very subjective so it's up each of you to select the level you feel comfortable with.
I've already done most of those. I did turn off some account syncing, so we'll see if it gets any better. Overall, I really like this device. But I hate the occasional stutter and having to monitor my battery to make it all day. Thanks for the replies!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz