What am I doing wrong with my battery?

reltubm

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
So I'm with Verizon and I just received my first LG phone (G4) and I am really hoping my battery problems are a fluke.

I have shut off all LED's, turned off all vibrations, pretty much don't sync anything that I can prevent, and screen brightness is set to 0 on automatic. I

Yesterday I hit about 40 battery left after 8 hours and limited use. Being that this is my first LG and I know each UI is a bit different are there any other settings to tweak?

Oh and any recommendations on a third party app to toggle Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections? Some of them that I have looked up seem way more involved than what he Smart Settings should have been.

Any thoughts or ideas on these things would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and other than Verizon removing some services and what could be a potential bad battery I am overall pleased with this phone!

Posted via the Android Central App

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Really? 40% after 8 hours doesn't seem bad at all. You probably had another 2 hours battery life. I had a hard time weird my battery since I got my phone. But yesterday I got probably 20 hours. I forgot to check it before plugging it in this morning. My problem is that I'm on this phone constantly.

Sent from my VS986

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
What exactly do you see as wrong with your battery? 40% after 8 hours is pretty great actually. You practically had slightly less than HALF of your battery remaining after a full 8 hour shift without charging; meaning you could almost hit 16 hours. (Perhaps 13-14 realistically?)

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
That isn't actually really good. I have had mine off the charger for 8.5 hours, and am at 72%.

Can you go to your battery stats and see what is eating it up?

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Really Jared? Are you not using it much? That's about what I get maybe less depending on my usage

Sent from my VS986

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I use it regularly. I've yet to be able to kill the G4 in a day. (have had the T-Mo preview for about a month already)

Have an Android Wear device connected, 2 email accounts, and all the other goodies.

reltubm

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Even if I was at 40% after 8 hours I don't feel I should have to limit the device as much as I've had to in order to get to that point.

I don't really see anything that seems to be chewing up the battery, I'm at work right now. Give me a few and I'll post a screen shot of the battery usage. I am probably not up to par with some of you as to what is legit or not.

reltubm

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
What exactly do you see as wrong with your battery? 40% after 8 hours is pretty great actually. You practically had slightly less than HALF of your battery remaining after a full 8 hour shift without charging; meaning you could almost hit 16 hours. (Perhaps 13-14 realistically?)

I don't feel with a new phone\
battery I should have to shut off practically all my notifications in order to get that much battery usage. Screen shut off after 30 seconds and I haven't even touched a game yet.

I think it's a bad battery or an underlying software issue.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hell, the OP has the thing crippled to get that battery life.

Too many factors come into play to say why but you can bet Sally won't get the same battery life as Susie.

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So I'm with Verizon and I just received my first LG phone (G4) and I am really hoping my battery problems are a fluke.

I have shut off all LED's, turned off all vibrations, pretty much don't sync anything that I can prevent, and screen brightness is set to 0 on automatic. I

Yesterday I hit about 40 battery left after 8 hours and limited use. Being that this is my first LG and I know each UI is a bit different are there any other settings to tweak?

Oh and any recommendations on a third party app to toggle Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections? Some of them that I have looked up seem way more involved than what he Smart Settings should have been.

Any thoughts or ideas on these things would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and other than Verizon removing some services and what could be a potential bad battery I am overall pleased with this phone!

You dont need to do all that craziness to get good battery life.

Im at 80% and its 4pm now. Unplugged around 7am.

First off reset/wipe your device from its factory install if you havnt already done so. I always do this when i receive a new android device. For whatever reason it does work.

reltubm

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
You dont need to do all that craziness to get good battery life.

Im at 80% and its 4pm now. Unplugged around 7am.

First off reset/wipe your device from its factory install if you havnt already done so. I always do this when i receive a new android device. For whatever reason it does work.

I actually haven't tried that yet. Honestly with it coming from the factory I didn't think to do that.