Sprint Model (Black Leather) - Screen Dimming Due to Overheating

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Up front disclosure, I like running my screens at 100% brightness.

Since setting up the phone initially a few days ago, I am at a point now where the brightness is pretty consistently dropping to either 90% or 80% with the disclosure that the brightness cannot be raised at this time due to high temperature.

Is any else experiencing this ?

There doesn't seems to be any logic behind when it takes place either. Mostly, it seems to happen when first turning on the screen after having been off for a while. The location I am at is not a hot location indoors, and there are no applications installed other than the stock apps that come preinstalled on the phone.

Just trying to see if this is something that is consistent with the phone or if I should be seeking a replacement device. Other than this issue, loving the phone so far.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Up front disclosure, I like running my screens at 100% brightness.

Since setting up the phone initially a few days ago, I am at a point now where the brightness is pretty consistently dropping to either 90% or 80% with the disclosure that the brightness cannot be raised at this time due to high temperature.

Is any else experiencing this ?

There doesn't seems to be any logic behind when it takes place either. Mostly, it seems to happen when first turning on the screen after having been off for a while. The location I am at is not a hot location indoors, and there are no applications installed other than the stock apps that come preinstalled on the phone.

Just trying to see if this is something that is consistent with the phone or if I should be seeking a replacement device. Other than this issue, loving the phone so far.

My Verizon G4 gave me a warning that if I turned my screen brightness up past a certain percentage (75%), the phone will overheat.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The brightness of the screen is actually the cause of the overheating. A replacement device will probably cause the same thing. (The screen can be run at full brightness, but not for long periods. It's meant for overcoming bright ambient light, like direct sunlight. But if you're using the phone on the beach on a cloudless day with no shade, the screen will get hot and lower the brightness to keep from burning out. Autobrightness will keep the screen as bright as it needs to be without overheating it in most cases.)

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok. If its a normal thing I guess I will have to learn to deal with it.

Never had that issue though running my Note 4 or Nexus 6 for long periods of time on full brightness. Wonder why this one is different and cannot take full brightness.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
My G4 runs cool as a cucumber, my G3 always overheated and I had it replaced twice. Last one is ok but G4 is cool to touch so far.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had this problem with my G4 yet, but haven't found the need to run it at 100% for any kind of time. Now my LG GPad 8.3 does this sometimes when streaming shows/movies, will kick it down to 90%. I thing its just something LG does to protect it from getting too hot. Don't think it actually gets too hot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995