Picked up my G4 today and just about got it all set up the way I like it. Decided I would take some pictures with my old and new phone just to compare a little.

All photos were taken in auto with no editing. Nothing exciting just boring pictures taken in low light. Hey I'm at work at night.

By the way anybody know how to turn off the shutter sound on the G4, for some reason I can't figure it out.

G4 first than G2

legend221 likes this.
    06-06-2015 04:27 AM
    The G2 definitely made the cigar look better.
    06-06-2015 04:48 AM
    The G2 definitely made the cigar look better.
    Yes, with the very bad lighting outside the G2 color was much better in the cigar and truck.
    06-06-2015 05:02 AM
    Both good cameras. How do they compare with tight crops, say of something the size of the Chevrolet badge on the truck?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-06-2015 09:28 AM
    Thanks for sharing

Sent from my Verizon LG G4
    06-06-2015 10:40 AM
    Still on my G2 (will be going to wife) and even today im still impressed with its camera. Big thing for me having a newborn tho: does the G4 focus faster than the G2?

06-06-2015 01:00 PM
    Still on my G2 (will be going to wife) and even today im still impressed with its camera. Big thing for me having a newborn tho: does the G4 focus faster than the G2?

Yes but haven't tried to use it in don't action shots.
    06-06-2015 01:11 PM
    Both good cameras. How do they compare with tight crops, say of something the size of the Chevrolet badge on the truck?

The G4 is much better in a crop that close, but Tapatalk keeps crashing and won't let me load a picture. When try another method when I have time later.
    belodion likes this.
    06-06-2015 01:13 PM
    The only pic I thought the G2 "nailed" it, was the chicken-wings (which, incidentally made me hungry). The truck pic, I thought the G4 really won it. Look at the windshield.. much, MUCH more definition in the pic, plus the lighting is better on the background. The pictures in all the dark scenes look better on the G4, as more details are present. Further, on the last cigar pic, I thought the G4 had a considerably better BOKEH effect with regards to the focusing on the end of the cigar.

Great thread! Love the "VS." pictures. I need to do one for my Note 3 vs. G4!
    06-06-2015 02:12 PM
    The only pic I thought the G2 "nailed" it, was the chicken-wings (which, incidentally made me hungry). The truck pic, I thought the G4 really won it. Look at the windshield.. much, MUCH more definition in the pic, plus the lighting is better on the background. The pictures in all the dark scenes look better on the G4, as more details are present. Further, on the last cigar pic, I thought the G4 had a considerably better BOKEH effect with regards to the focusing on the end of the cigar.

I agree, was only saying the color on the truck and the color on the last cigar picture are more true life. But color hue is easy to change when editing and if was using those pictures anywhere but here they all would have been edited.
    06-06-2015 02:26 PM

Here you go, easy to tell which is which.
    Attached Thumbnails G2 Vs G4 photos-893.jpg   G2 Vs G4 photos-894.jpg  
    belodion and legend221 like this.
    06-06-2015 04:08 PM

No way man G4 nailed it with the wings for sure not the G2.
    I guess if you like 3 day old wings that are not seasoned enough.
    The wings made me hungry too but G4 nailed it.
    06-06-2015 04:12 PM
    Here you go, easy to tell which is which.
    That's amazingly good from the G4 in that sort of low light....and not bad from the G2.

06-06-2015 04:18 PM
    No way man G4 nailed it with the wings for sure not the G2.
    I guess if you like 3 day old wings that are not seasoned enough.
    The wings made me hungry too but G4 nailed it.
    Nah, the G4 looked too... yellowish. In fact, there is a bit of yellow tint throughout a lot of that pic on the G4. The G2 had more natural colors, from what I could tell.
    06-06-2015 04:20 PM
    Nah, the G4 looked too... yellowish. In fact, there is a bit of yellow tint throughout a lot of that pic on the G4. The G2 had more natural colors, from what I could tell.
    The color of the chicken was spot on with the G4, was washed out on the G2. I know, I ate them LOL
    06-06-2015 06:01 PM