the53rdcard

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
can anyone confirm that the AT&T model of the g4 has the things that are missing from the verizon one, i would love to go to tmobile, but the areas i travel go out of its coverage area pretty badly, so it is verizon or at&t, currently i have verizon but if at&t gives me the missing functions and the 100gb of google drive, where verizon doesnt. i'll switch. my contract is nearly up with verizon so it is time to shop for the best overall carrier for my needs. going forward.

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Just switch to AT&T and get an unlocked 815 if you can afford to buy outright.
That way you get everything LG "intended" and no carrier bloat as a bonus.

Fred

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Just switch to AT&T and get an unlocked 815 if you can afford to buy outright.
That way you get everything LG "intended" and no carrier bloat as a bonus.

Fred

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
can anyone confirm that the AT&T model of the g4 has the things that are missing from the verizon one, i would love to go to tmobile, but the areas i travel go out of its coverage area pretty badly, so it is verizon or at&t, currently i have verizon but if at&t gives me the missing functions and the 100gb of google drive, where verizon doesnt. i'll switch. my contract is nearly up with verizon so it is time to shop for the best overall carrier for my needs. going forward.
Are you looking for any specific features? From what I can tell they're all available on ATT except the Google Play equalizer which apparently is missing on all the carriers.

larryka#AC

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
My 810 on AT&T doesn't have the FM radio app and a couple of the other items that were listed as missing on Verizon. I can get a specific list together later if you want.

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't have fm radio on my at&t g4. Also the pull down from screen off doesn't reveal the clock.

Posted via the Android Central App

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
My 810 on AT&T doesn't have the FM radio app and a couple of the other items that were listed as missing on Verizon. I can get a specific list together later if you want.

Is FM radio on any carrier version of the G4? It's not in the H811 - T-Mobile.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure, but the live demo G4 that I played with at a local BB a couple of days ago had the FM radio app. I didn't look at the specific model though.
It could have been an h815 model on display which has fm radio

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I think that they all have the radio, just that the carriers disable it. They want you to pay (via data usage) to listen to OTA music, by streaming it over data.
All the unlocked, international, non-carrier phones that I've had lately did have it.
I currently have a G3 (unlocked, international, non-carrier) running on AT&T and it has it. The G3's that AT&T have, at least on display at one of my local stores, do not.

Fred

the53rdcard

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
According to AC's list of things that verizon nerfed, one of them was the 100gb google drive. that one was kind of important to me, the fm radio, well i would like it, but the only place i am likely to ever listen to it, i would have a radio anyway but i can see where it would be nice, especially if it also was a weather radio.

but i'll copy the list from the page on AC and say if it is something i care about or not

100gb google drive - important
LG SmartWorld - would like to have over carrier models cause i tend to think the people who made the phone know better how to do things then the carriers
Smart Settings - umm honestly not sure what it is, but sounds good :)
Multi-user accounts - im the only user so unimportant
FM Radio - another nice to have, or at least be able to re-enable
Themes - not a deal breaker, but i think not being able to load a theme is pretty lame, even if i never actually loaded a theme myself. its a option i feel we should have
Custom lock screen - this i would use, and would like to have

i heard that t-mobile will give you a 128gb micro sd card as a promotion, and i have heard that best buy has a $100 gift card, not sure if that is carrier specific, but i could see a person going to best buy, getting the 128gb card from tmobile, the $100 gift card from best buy, and the battery and 32gb card from LG

still not completely against tmobile, but im not sure about the coverage maps, all that they show is the data coverage, but not the voice. so i dont know specifically if i can still make and receive phone calls in all the areas i go, the data is good where i am, but not everywhere i go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay