My G4 battery results so far

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Dang. What kind of use were you doing during this time? Are you just on WiFi? No cellular?

Posted via LG H815

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
without showing what apps are running, this information is pretty much meaningless ... any phone can stay on for 3 days if it's being used as a paper weight. not saying that's your case but without knowing how it's being used, these stats aren't helpful

Posted via the Android Central App

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine for the day. Not very happy thus far with battery. I'd be very happy with 4 or 5 hours. I'm sure it's my display brightness set around 80 to 90% . I'm used to the note 4 and iPhone 6 plus screen brightness.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 11729.jpg
    11729.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 228

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
4:45 pm and at 76%

55 mins of screen on as well and ive not even lost 30%

Went to the gym today with bluetooth on for over an hour listening to music as well

Battery life is amazing

Attachments

• 1433709935730.jpg
    1433709935730.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 94

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Interesting seeing what others are getting.

I've had the G4 for 3 days, after coming from the Sony Z3 (which had incredible battery life). Obviously the first day is a write off, configuring, uploading photo's to Google, downloading apps. This is my first 'proper' day, as it' a normal working one. I came off the charger at 7.20am, and have listened to music 1hr to work, bit of FB/Twitter, 2 short calls, few texts, bit of browsing - so far down to 74%, which will give me just over 19hrs at that rate.

I'm actually pretty pleased with that. On the Z3 I would usually be at around 80% by now, but the Z3 is the exception to the rule. I had the G3 before that, and changed due to the poor battery (I was charging again at 5pm, down to 10-20%).

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Seems to be better SoT and less "problems" with the International, unlocked, non-carrier phones, when used here in the US than with the carrier branded ones and all the "other" things that the carriers add and the modified firmware that they add.
My G4 is not here yet, however I have an International, unlocked, non-carrier G3 that I'm using on AT&T. It updated to Lollipop immediately right out of the box during the initial setup. I've had NO problems with this phone at all. Fastest and smoothest that I've ever owned (and I've owned a lot :) ) and I get 4+ hours of SoT. If you wander over to the G3 forum you'll see so many complaining about SoT (2 hours or a little more) and phones being laggy and/or heating up, notifications not working when on wifi, etc. Verizon really screwed up their Lollipop release for the G3. Seems virtually all the problems are with carrier branded phones and very few with the international, unlocked, non-carrier phones and they also seem to get constantly better battery life and longer SoT than the carrier phones.
The above leads me to believe that the majority of the problems are caused by carrier introduced junk.

Fred

Indeed...

gaddang2

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm on a roll with my battery today. Been using phone quite a bit since 6 am this morning with more than an hour and a half of screen time and my battery is only down to 74%. I'm probably gonna hit 5 1/2 hours SOT today. A lot better than the 4 hour SOT's when I first got it. I love this phone. The battery seems to be getting better.

Posted via my Verizon Ceramic White LG G4

Attachments

• 1912.jpg
    1912.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 169

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci