Upgrade from OnePlus One?

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm heavily debating upgrading from my OnePlus One, but still not quite sure it's a worthwhile improvement for the money.

OnePlus One Cons:
- Washed out screen
- Battery life isn't as amazing when first purchased. I attribute that to Android problems primarily, but most solutions only work temporarily. Even if the G4 battery is hit or miss also, I think I can benefit from Quick Charging and an extra battery.
- Mediocre Camera
- Buggy OS. All alternative ROMs seem to have some sort of quirks while although are still usable and functional, I kind of forget how smooth of an experience a more stable OS can be.
- Size. The G4 is only slightly smaller, but I feel it's more ergonomic and will feel a little smaller in my pocket.

If I sell my OnePlus One for $250-$275...that would make the cost of the G4 $350 which isn't great, but not horrible considering my phone addiction. Any additional insight from LG G4 owners or previous OnePlus users will be greatly appreciated!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, I have no experience of the OnePlus One, but from what I've heard it's a highly-regarded device overall.
What I can say is that the G4 does not have the negative qualities that you list.

Posted via the Android Central App

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
You would be getting a slightly smaller sized device, with a much better display, camera, processor, more stable OS, SD card slot, and replaceable battery. It's made by an established manufacturer. You will get better service with no shady tactics like Oneplus is known for. :)

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
You would be getting a slightly smaller sized device, with a much better display, camera, processor, more stable OS, SD card slot, and replaceable battery. It's made by an established manufacturer. You will get better service with no shady tactics like Oneplus. :)

+1

Posted with my awesome LG g4

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
You would be getting a slightly smaller sized device, with a much better display, camera, processor, more stable OS, SD card slot, and replaceable battery. It's made by an established manufacturer. You will get better service with no shady tactics like Oneplus is known for. :)

The stability is probably one of the biggest causes of me wanting to upgrade. I haven't even upgraded to Lollipop on my OPO due to the bugs in both Cyanogen and Oxygen...and with the partnership broken between OnePlus and Cyanogen, who knows what support is going to continue.

Does anybody have any idea when the 128GB microSD card deal is going to end on T-Mobile along with the 32GB microSD + extra battery from the LG promo? If I'm going to upgrade phones, I might as well capitalize on the freebies. :)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The stability is probably one of the biggest causes of me wanting to upgrade. I haven't even upgraded to Lollipop on my OPO due to the bugs in both Cyanogen and Oxygen...and with the partnership broken between OnePlus and Cyanogen, who knows what support is going to continue.

Does anybody have any idea when the 128GB microSD card deal is going to end on T-Mobile along with the 32GB microSD + extra battery from the LG promo? If I'm going to upgrade phones, I might as well capitalize on the freebies. :)

Dude, if you can do it, just do it! I'm sorry to say this but it sounds like you're on a sinking ship! You will be much happier with not just a G4 but any current flagship device.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Not on T-Mobile so not sure on that one but the LG promo ends 6/30.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Dude, if you can do it, just do it! I'm sorry to say this but it sounds like you're on a sinking ship! You will be much happier with not just a G4 but any current flagship device.

Agree.....don't think beyond this point, get out the credit card and purchase the G4.

One plus whilst producing a great device to money ratio.

They have a very strange set up and business outlook.

Good luck & all the best with whatever you decide to do.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I've never used the OnePlus One but the G4 should be a significant upgrade based on the issues you've had with the OnePlus One.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I've never used the OnePlus One but the G4 should be a significant upgrade based on the issues you've had with the OnePlus One.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12

I haven't used one either, but I have owned an OPPO Find 7a, which is the identical hardware (with added removable battery and SD card slot). Great phone with an awesome camera. Oneplus is an offshoot of OPPO.

romiust

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Nice to see a fellow Oppo Find 7a user. I would tell you that the find has a demarcation of storage which really sucks for power users. Otherwise it's nice.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Nice to see a fellow Oppo Find 7a user. I would tell you that the find has a demarcation of storage which really sucks for power users. Otherwise it's nice.

Yes! The only thing that annoyed me about it was the 3GB partition for apps. I THINK they have switched to unified storage with ColorOS v2.x though. One thing I'll give OPPO, they are very active in their forums, and they actively change/bugfix ColorOS based on user feedback.

romiust

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes! The only thing that annoyed me about it was the 3GB partition for apps. I THINK they have switched to unified storage with ColorOS v2.x though. One thing I'll give OPPO, they are very active in their forums, and they actively change/bugfix ColorOS based on user feedback.
Correct. I recently upgraded to color OS 2.1 beta lollipop. Unified storage. And the speed of the phone is simply stunning now. I can't see me getting a new phone for awhile. Though I'm curious about the Oneplus 2.

Sent from my X9006 using Tapatalk

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Correct. I recently upgraded to color OS 2.1 beta lollipop. Unified storage. And the speed of the phone is simply stunning now. I can't see me getting a new phone for awhile. Though I'm curious about the Oneplus 2.

Sent from my X9006 using Tapatalk
One thing that blew my mind the brief period that I had the 7a was the camera quality.

This is but one example of the detail it produced (but you already know that)).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gva8p9txi17de3z/IMG20140512151019.jpg?dl=0

I would still have it, but I bought it basically at launch, and it was affected by the yellowing display issue that the first run X9006 had. I would have warrantied it, but they were out of stock with no ETA at the time, so I sent it back for a refund.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool