Problem: can't stop LG music app from starting on headphone insertion. What could the problem be?

Pyrrhic

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Problem: can't stop LG music app from starting on headphone insertion

Hi all,

Wonder if you can help. Problem is as the thread title describes - whenever I insert headphones, the LG music app resumes playback, even though the LG smart setting for this is disabled. I actually just tried modifying and activating the LG smart setting so that it *should* in theory start spotify, but it STILL started LG music!

I'm using Nova instead of the stock LG launcher, so that could be a factor I suppose. Also, I wasn't using the Smart Settings option because I've always used Tasker to take care of automatic music app opening (which it does - it opens Spotify - but LG music takes precedence and plays over it).

Any suggestions?

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Problem: can't stop LG music app from starting on headphone insertion

Sorry I'm at a loss. I was going to suggest playing with the smart settings, but you've already done that. The only thing I can think of is disabling the LG music app (if it's possible to do so, I haven't checked) or doing a factory reset. I have to admit that would be really annoying.

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site

Yeah disabling the music app worked for me. It kept playing the sample songs the phone came with when I would connect to the Bluetooth on the car. It was really annoying.

Sent from my VS986

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Yeah disabling the music app worked for me. It kept playing the sample songs the phone came with when I would connect to the Bluetooth on the car. It was really annoying.

Sent from my VS986

My G3 did the same until i got a bluetooth app to auto play pandora when connected. Dont need it anymore now that we have Smart Settings to do it :)

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Just out of curiosity, what happens when you disable the LG Music app? Will Android set a new default music player? If it could default to Play Music that would be awesome.

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site

Yep. When I turn on the car and if i have it set to Bluetooth it automatically starts playing where I left off in my play music.

Sent from my VS986

Pyrrhic

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestions all - and apologies, I thought I was subscribed for notifications to this thread and I clearly wasn't!

So. Time for an embarrassing admission. The suggestion above about disabling the music app was a good shout, but lo and behold it STILL HAPPENED - and that's when I realised: it wasn't the LG music app at all.

I'd been assuming it was because it was the LG sample music that kept playing. Every time it happened the notification drawer player widget would pop up and I would immediately close it down, so I hadn't realised...it was actually Poweramp!

Mystery solved - disabled the relevant option in Poweramp and all is as it should be. But still - I wouldn't have realised what the problem was without trying disabling the LG music app as per the suggestions above, so thanks!

Brohansen

Aug 2, 2017
Visit site

Check your LG smart settings. I have that exact same setting where I have set it to do that on purpose; perhaps you did it and forgot it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1