G4 - quick actions on notifications?

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Just got my brown leather G4 over the weekend. I like the leather look a lot more than I thought I would. It's really well done.

My question pertains to notifications though - on my Nexus 5, I could take action on notifications directly in the notification shade by swiping down with two fingers on the notification (actions such as delete an email, reply to a text, etc). From what I've seen so far with the G4 though, this doesn't seem possible. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? I didn't remember that functionality being controlled by a setting on my N5, but that was such a convenient thing to be able to do.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On my Nexus 5, I only have to swipe down on an individual notification with one finger to bring up actions--it generally only works for Gmail notifications, I think. Does it work if you swipe down with one finger?

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
On my Nexus 5, I only have to swipe down on an individual notification with one finger to bring up actions--it generally only works for Gmail notifications, I think. Does it work if you swipe down with one finger?

Yeah, one or two fingers would work on the N5. No such luck with the G4. It was such an intuitive action on the N5 and I used it all the time.

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
OK, upon further review I think I've mostly figured it out. I'll try to explain as clearly as possible, but I apologize if this is confusing: on the G4, when I pull down the notification shade with one finger, all of the quick toggles and notifications are displayed. On the N5, this same action was done with a two-fingered pull-down of the notification shade (or two one-fingered pull-downs in a row). When the quick toggles are all showing, you cannot do any quick actions with the notifications. I just found that I can collapse all the quick toggles on the G4 by swiping up with one finger. Once I do this, then the one and two-fingered down swipe on the notifications expose the quick actions (just like on the N5).

So what I would like to figure out now is, is it possible to prevent the quick toggles from automatically displaying when I initially pull down the notification shade? I like the implementation of this on the N5 (one finger pull-down only shows notifications; two fingers goes to quick toggles), but at least I understand this better now.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm with you. I also came from a Nexus 5. I'm betting the only way to accomplish something like this is rooting and running Xposed or something, as I didn't see anything in the settings to do this.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you. I also came from a Nexus 5. I'm betting the only way to accomplish something like this is rooting and running Xposed or something, as I didn't see anything in the settings to do this.

Read the post right above you.

n4cr2k

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Came here searching for this. Real disappointment this can't be adjusted. I'm trying to make due with the LG interface shortcomings and quirks until I can install cyanogenmod.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Read the post right above you.

Why would I read it again? :p haha, I already read it good sir. Let me explain what we're talking about.

We're talking about making it default to the normal way the notification panel works on Android, not LG's style. Normally you don't have the quick toggles there causing you to first raise those back up and THEN you're granted the ability to expand notifications and do quick actions with them.

So my post is saying "I'm with OP. I'm betting once root and running Xposed is available, we might be able to do something like this".

Also, if you look, I was one of the two people who "liked" that post, so I read it. :)

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I realize there might be differences in software from Lollipop on G3 to G4, but if the 1st screenshot is what you have and the 2nd is what you want, try looking in the settings all the way to the right. To disable the weather and whatnot, settings for those are in respective apps.

Attachments

• 1434385506458.jpg
    1434385506458.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 1434385533287.jpg
    1434385533287.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 1434385548118.jpg
    1434385548118.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 11

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I think they want to be able to expand notifications without have to swipe back up to close quick settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae