Poor Standby and Battery Life

alexsd123

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
My Sprint LG G4 has really bad battery life. I just now managed to screenshot some of it. Before, google play services and google search were hogging it, but now phone is? I didn't even use the phone today... Any help is much appreciated.

1 hour on screen, under 30%
Won't let me link, so I separated with spaces. Hope it's ok.
Screenshots:
https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0BxAsBmqeQ7d4SHBjbURDOGs2U28/edit

Last edited by a moderator:

alexsd123

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Did a factory reset. Last two screenshots are from after. Apparently my phone is being kept awake by my phone. I didn't have the battery monitor installed at the time, but I have it now. Any help is appreciated.

Gatoralstr

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I have att version but cell standby and phone were also my top 2 battery users. I had to turn off enhanced LTE for HD Voice services and now it's not an issue. Not sue if sprint had that option though. Settings... Data manager...options...mobile networks...mobile data...

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 119.jpg
    119.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 45

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how to help. All I can say is that the first 24 hours, my battery was performing okay. Now it's fantastic. My battery is at ~50% (being off the charger at ~7 am) by the time I go to bed at midnightish. I haven't had a battery perform this well since I had the Droid Turbo for those few months.

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So I am sad to report I returned my g4. I use my phone a lot during the day and I had it on the charger 6 times a day. Some clash of clans emails some music Web browsing phone calls and my note 4 would last all day with a little 40 min boost charge mid day.

So I'm back to my note 4 until I get the itch for something new. I wanted the g4 to be my new daily driver but just couldn't live with having to charge several times a day or carrying an extra battery.

Good luck with your issues, but depending on how you use your phone the g4 may just be a poor battery performer or I am a very aggressive phone user

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk