Can I get some help with 4 questions about my new LG G4?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
4 questions about my new LG G4

Actually I'm setting it up for my mom, but there are a few things I can't figure out.

1) She had and liked the Life's Good notification on her LG G2. I couldn't find a way to get it off her phone, but I was able to download it from a website. The question here is where do I put it on her phone so that the phone will let me choose it as her notification sound?

2) She is legally blind and the fonts are not big or dark enough for her to see clearly. Are there any ways to make them larger and darker?

3) I had set her LG G2 keyboard up so that it looked like an older phone with the 3 or 4 letters on each key. I can't remember how I did it though. And it wasn't an app I downloaded.

4) This one is more of me venting, but some of her photos that are Auto Backed up through Google Photos did not carry over to her new phone. They show on the old one, but are missing on the G4. I know they can be moved over, but I guess it's just the principle of why.

Thanks for any answers/help.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: 4 questions about my new LG G4

1. Download an app called Zedge and see if you can find the tone in there.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=net.zedge.android&hl=en&token=ZX7DE9Kv

2. Go to Settings, Display, and you should be able to change the font size and type.

3. Go to Settings, Language and Input, you should be able to modify the keyboard settings.

4. Make sure that those photos on the other phone are actually backed up and not just stored on the phone gallery. You can go in to the Google Photos settings and hit back up all to ensure they are all backed up properly.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Also, for vision impairment, try out the "Accessibility" section of the settings screen --> "Vision". It has some other settings specifically for vision impairment, too.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

4) Not an LG issue per se... consider copying the photos from the G2 to the DCIM folder on the micro sd card of the G4. Then go into the camera app and change the setting to save photos to the sd. IMO that's best practice, and you have another backup of all photos. Then do automatic backup to sync that folder to the cloud.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

The keyboard is fixed. I was being stupid with the notification. That's fixed. She wasn't worried about the pictures. And the fonts she said she'd live with. All good. Thanks everyone!

Posted via the Android Central App

mango1228

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Zedge has the G2 tune Life is good. Download app and get it there

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member