Alternate Keyboard Suggestions

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I have always used the Google keyboard. It's fast and has trace typing. It doesn't have the separate number row though (which I hate anyways, I hate the keyboard taking up half my screen).

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I have always used the Google keyboard. It's fast and has trace typing. It doesn't have the separate number row though (which I hate anyways, I hate the keyboard taking up half my screen).

At least with SwiftKey the number row is optional, as are cursor arrows (one of my favourite features.)

hyuuki

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I like A.I. Type keyboard. It has most of the features (including swipe like, but i dont know the accuracy since I dont use that feature). Oh and it also has Emoji plugin. The most thing that i like is the top rows that can be switched to (1) numbers, (2) operations such as undo, redo, arrows, cut, copy, paste, (3) symbols. The second is the most convenient for me, especially when typing a long text, and suddenly mistakenly got erased, I can still use the undo-redo (it seems to remember the history of each text field, idk) and also the arrow to move the cursor then select and copy-paste.

Last edited:

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
So...I have had occasional keyboard lag on my phone 92nd when I change change keyboards it improves for a while and then goes back go some lag or misfire. Between stock,fleksy,swiftkey hand Google.....it's good for a while bad then goes back go missing some touches.
I wonder if Swype or flow method would help?
I just set my son up with my g3 and the keyboard is flawless.

mbbarron

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Well I figured out how to change the theme on Swype so that my alternate keys show up. Tried Swiftkey for a day but just found that the accuracy wasn't there as much as Swype (at least for me). Also, I'm used to the Swype shortcuts so it's difficult to relearn those on another keyboard. Still missing the numer row option at the top.