Greetings all, long time browser, newbie poster.

My upgrade date (with VZW) happened to be the exact release date of the G4 and after much research and debate with myself I made the switch from Samsung to the G4 and in short I haven't regretted a thing yet.

Like many the fact that Samsung got rid of the removable battery and SD card slot was the big factor. I typically was getting a full day out of my Galaxy S4 battery, and between chargers conveniently placed at home, the girlfriend's house, and the car I'm usually never far from one anyways, but on those occasions I knew I would be on the go for an extended time it was a nice safeguard knowing I could just pop in a fresh battery or at least have a fresh one waiting for me at home. So that was mostly the deciding factor for me. I know the S6 has a sweet display, camera, and CPU but my bottom line was all that does no good if the phone dies too fast.

So far though even with this phone having a removable battery I haven't come even close to killing it in a day yet. I unplugged it at 8 this morning and here it is almost midnight and I'm still at 30% with about 4.5hrs SOT. And I had the day off from work, lounging around, so that was a pretty heavy SOT use day for me. So needless to say when I get that free battery I'll have far more battery on tap than any Samsung product I've ever used.

I'm not concerned too much with the plastic build. I'm not very hard on equipment, I tend to baby my phones. After two years with the S4 it showed very minor wear and to me the phone feels good enough for my usual use.

I do like the bigger display than my S4 had, it's taken some getting used to doing certain things two handed I used to be able to do one handed but LG helped out by allowing us to rearrange the on screen home row buttons and add a notification drop down toggle. I like that. The rear buttons have been an easy and welcome change.

I'm enjoying the UI and 5.1 so far. Could be just because it's shiny and new but so far it's been easy and nice to use.

I have had an issue with the Hangouts app. I disabled it because I really don't use it and yet I keep getting the "Hangouts has stopped" notification which is annoying. So I'm open to suggestions on fixing that little hiccup. (Tried clearing cache and data for the app already, still happens)

Also the auto-brightness is significantly dimmer than I was used to on the S4 but I can still see it fine and I'm guessing it contributes to the high battery life so I can tolerate it.

Other than those two things I'm loving the phone. It does all I need and more, feels good in my hand, and lasts me all day and then some.
    belodion likes this.
    06-09-2015 10:59 PM
    I had the same thing with hangouts, what I did (even though like you it was already disabled) was force stop it. After that never got the notification again.

Also with the auto brightness, with it turned on put the slider to 100%. That works for me.
    Cwey55 likes this.
    06-10-2015 01:01 AM

Also the auto-brightness is significantly dimmer than I was used to on the S4 but I can still see it fine and I'm guessing it contributes to the high battery life so I can tolerate it.
    Try 'Lux' from the Playstore. Lets you set the brightness to the conditions you're in at the time.
    06-10-2015 06:44 AM
    I had the same thing with hangouts, what I did (even though like you it was already disabled) was force stop it. After that never got the notification again.

Also with the auto brightness, with it turned on put the slider to 100%. That works for me.
    I will try that thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-10-2015 06:50 AM
    I'm not concerned too much with the plastic build. I'm not very hard on equipment, I tend to baby my phones. After two years with the S4 it showed very minor wear and to me the phone feels good enough for my usual use....
    I'm not concerned either. I also haven't been concerned about flying in newer airplanes - about 50% reinforced plastic and composites.
    06-10-2015 06:59 AM
    I am not a vegan, my sister is, but I still prefer the grey plastic back over the leather ones (did not actually try a leather back)
    06-10-2015 07:09 AM
    I went with the white plastic. All my phones have always been some shade of black or gray, was time for a change of pace and the store didn't have leather at the time. I'm liking it.

maybish likes this.
    06-10-2015 07:25 AM
    I went with the white plastic. All my phones have always been some shade of black or gray, was time for a change of pace and the store didn't have leather at the time. I'm liking it.

Is it that ceramic white back?
    06-10-2015 08:12 AM
    Is it that ceramic white back?
    Well that's what they call it, I do not believe it is actually "ceramic" material but yes.

06-10-2015 08:54 AM
    Yep that's the one I have. Ceramic white. It looks ceramic. Haha love the diamond pattern on it.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    Cwey55 likes this.
    06-10-2015 09:02 AM
    Got the white plastic myself. Feels great in the hand, and love the look of the diamond pattern.

Don't be concerned about the plastic (I see you aren't) it has held up nicely on my T-Mo preview device as well.
    06-10-2015 09:05 AM
    I remember reading somewhere that the white plastic version is more smooth/slippery than the metallic grey.

Just wondering if its true?
    06-10-2015 09:19 AM
    Yes it is quite glossy and from what I saw in store the gray was kind of matte/brushed but still with the diamond pattern. I haven't had any problems holding onto my glossy ceramic white backed G4. I love the look too.

06-10-2015 10:07 AM
    Oh and an update, I went back and re-enabled hangouts, cleared cache/data, turned off notifications, force stopped, then disabled again. No crash notifications yet since! Hopefully that sticks this time.

06-10-2015 10:12 AM