for those who have the G4 and S6, which do you prefer and why?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Both are excellent. I prefer the g4 for the screen size and Slightly better performance . Otherwise I prefer the s6

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have them both I prefer the G4 because of the screen size but miss the performance of the S6. If the S6 screen was larger I would have stuck with it.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I have them both I prefer the G4 because of the screen size but miss the performance of the S6. If the S6 screen was larger I would have stuck with it.

My S6 is encrypted and I've noticed that performance is also better than the G4. I wouldn't say the G4 is laggy, but compared to the S6, it's not as smooth. This is only my second day with the G4 so I can't say yet I prefer one over the other.

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I notice that LG has better quality control than Samsung. I have both an s6 edge and a g4. I went through 6 s6 edges, all having cosmetic flaws. The one that is perfect cosmetically is now having issues with the hardware. So I picked up a G4 today in blue. It's very nice, and cosmetically, no flaws(on the first one). Let's see what happens.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the g4 and wife has the s6. S6 is a great phone and I can't think of anything bad to say about it. Camera is outstanding and love the fingerprint scanner. For some reason it locked her out of the phone and she couldn't remember the backup password so she doesn't use it anymore! For me the display is a little too small. 5.5 is the new sweet spot. And being left handed I hate side mounted buttons.

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the g4 and wife has the s6. S6 is a great phone and I can't think of anything bad to say about it. Camera is outstanding and love the fingerprint scanner. For some reason it locked her out of the phone and she couldn't remember the backup password so she doesn't use it anymore! For me the display is a little too small. 5.5 is the new sweet spot. And being left handed I hate side mounted buttons.

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

Well a factory reset should do the trick by booting into Stock recovery if she ever wants to use the S6 again 😜

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I think it's going to come down to size first and foremost. I personally can't use a 5.5" phone anymore. I enjoy a more one handed phone.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I think it's going to come down to size first and foremost. I personally can't use a 5.5" phone anymore. I enjoy a more one handed phone.

I use my g4 one handed. It all comes down to bezels. Try using an iPhone 6 plus. My s6 with case is same size of g4 without case.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Had then both, ended up with the s6 in the end.. They are both outstanding and do a few things slightly different. I think if a replaceable battery was important I would go with the g4 but overall I felt the S6 was just a tighter more complete feeling package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk