Not open for further replies.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Your battery life experience sounds like you have something running in the background preventing your phone from sleeping. I'd suggest using gSam battery monitor to see what's draining it.

Excellent suggestion... I just installed it, and the interface makes battery monitoring and management a breeze.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
It seems your on a quest to get a following based on *your" experience.

This is NOT going to happen, not disputing you may have issue's but they are very clearly not applicable to all devices.

Many people here have been supportive and quite accommodating.

Einstein's definition of insanity is repeating the same things over and over again expecting different results.

Posted via the Android Central App

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Keep in mind that one can easily plug the phone up for a charge and it not be shown in the actual battery stats. Folks used to do this with the Palm Pre all the time.

I kind of agree here, 4.5 screen on time at 9:30 am? And 22 hours on battery? I've had this phone since last Monday and I never got close to that with 41% battery life left. I would like to see the rest of that graph. You can put it in landscape mode and scroll left and right to show all of it.
I love this phone and all and it does have it's issues, but I'm hoping most of this stuff will get resolved soon because I want to keep it.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Honest question....not being a [language removed by mod].
You say the honeymoon is over, but I think you've had issues with this phone from day one and never really liked this phone.
Life is short,either swap out or get a phone that makes you happy

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
When I first got my G4 (last Thursday), I was getting poor battery life. It wouldn't last me a full working day (7am - 11pm). After a couple of days I did a factory reset and then disabled some of the Google features from syncing. I'm getting MUCH better battery now.

I honestly haven't experienced much lag at all, but I'm coming from a Note 4 which had HORRIBLE lag, most notably in the camera app when tapping on a pic to review and when switching in between apps using the recent apps button. Both of those tasks fly on the G4, so I'm happy. I haven't gotten any lag when launching apps or scrolling through home screens. Sometimes SwiftKey stays open for a split second after I close out of it (like if I'm texting and then close the text app), but it did that on my Note 4 as well.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The thread has been cleaned. Please remember the two things below.

1. Always remember to follow the P.U.P.P.A.H rule!
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

2. If you see any posts that are out of line please use the "Report" button to alert the mods. You can express your feelings within the report as to why you think this needs to be handled.

Thank you!

Last edited:

mtva24

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the G4 on Verizon and I average 2 h 30 mins SOT with the same settings as I would have on any other phones. Used my M9 yesterday and banged out 4hrs SOT without even trying. Also, the M9 just feels way snappier, but I am not writing this phone off yet. Just some thoughts.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This definitely sounds like something is wrong. Many are reporting very favorable reviews of G4 battery life, especially when compared to the S6.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The phone isn't the issue here, your problem is with the Android ecosystem. You have had 3 flagships and didn't like the performance of any of them. That's not the phones, you don't like how Android performs.

iOS has to work on about 15 different devices, that's it. Android has to work on thousands of different devices. That's a big difference when it comes to optimization.
Enjoy your new iPhone.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Honest question....not being a [language removed by mod].
You say the honeymoon is over, but I think you've had issues with this phone from day one and never really liked this phone.
Life is short,either swap out or get a phone that makes you happy

+1 on this.

As others said, nothing wrong with moving on. Just because you're having issues with your unit (which btw several folks have exchanged for a new one and gotten better results) doesn't mean others are lying.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
The phone isn't the issue here, your problem is with the Android ecosystem. You have had 3 flagships and didn't like the performance of any of them. That's not the phones, you don't like how Android performs.

iOS has to work on about 15 different devices, that's it. Android has to work on thousands of different devices. That's a big difference when it comes to optimization.
Enjoy your new iPhone.

I want credit....I've +1 an aggie and a longhorn...

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I do find it interesting how often folks are of the opinion I have that (butterfly/DNA and up) HTC devices always seemed more snappy than any other android device I used with an oem GUI. It's really unfortunate their screens and cameras haven't kept up with the others otherwise a be back with HTC now.

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Honeymoon is over, what did you do with the phone? I'm just kidding of course.

This phone is close to having root and bootloader unlock for U. S. carieers. Once that is complete all these issues will go away.

.: Sent from my 'Android til I die' Phone or Tablet :.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Honeymoon is over, what did you do with the phone? I'm just kidding of course.

This phone is close to having root and bootloader unlock for U. S. carieers. Once that is complete all these issues will go away.

.: Sent from my 'Android til I die' Phone or Tablet :.

How do you know it is close to having root and unlocked bootloader on US carriers? The only thing I've seen is for the H815.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
How do you know it is close to having root and unlocked bootloader on US carriers? The only thing I've seen is for the H815.

Because once it's live the developers can try to get it for us here in the States I imagine...

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any issues with battery life? I did have a bit of lag,but I fixed it by turning off animation under developer settings. I find it funny you think going to IOS is going to solve your issue with battery life. You may wish to read up on that thought. I won't say IOS battery life is bad, but it's not better then this phone by no means.

alexsd123

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
You're not alone. Just returned my LG G4. Disappointed because I was REALLY looking forward to this phone. I am going to wait for the next iPhone to come out, because none of the other Android phones are intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech