Recommended auto correct level for stock keyboard

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
OK, I did just switch to SwiftKey to see if it alleviated the lag I'm seeing on keyboard.... I'm not noticing anywhere else.
It didn't. Actually worse.
I recall I had a bit of this with the g3.
What are some things to try to improve? I did get the att update, but obviously didn't fix.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I tried the stock keyboard for a few days, buy if you're a quicker typer, nothing beats SwiftKey.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
OK, I did just switch to SwiftKey to see if it alleviated the lag I'm seeing on keyboard.... I'm not noticing anywhere else.
It didn't. Actually worse.
I recall I had a bit of this with the g3.
What are some things to try to improve? I did get the att update, but obviously didn't fix.

Not sure if it'd make any difference in lag for your keyboard, but do you have the haptic feedback settings off (both vibration and sound)? I do.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it'd make any difference in lag for your keyboard, but do you have the haptic feedback settings off (both vibration and sound)? I do.

Wow,it seems to alleviate the issue....but I miss the response of the vibe . crazy. Will play around with this and see,thanks for the suggestion.

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I've been wanting to give the stock keyboard a chance but I always find myself coming back to SwiftKey. May use the stock over the weekend and let it build up and see how it is.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

TourATL

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I turn autocorrect off, but I like the stock keyboard. I miss the space bar a lot for some reason, but otherwise its pretty good. I was a swiftkey fan for a while but their swipe functionality is not very good.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I think I might like the stock keyboard better than Swiftkey. I tried swiftkey over the last week and man, it's just not as comfortable to use anymore.

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I guess it's just everyone's preference. I try to like the stock keyboard and just can't get used to it. Always go back to SwiftKey!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm all in on the stock keyboard. I was using the Google keyboard on my G3 but haven't used it so far on the G4. The dictionary is filling in and word prediction seems to be getting better.

alexsd123

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I really like the feature where you hold down the space bar and can use the keyboard as a trackpad to adjust the cursor. Not sure if it's in other keyboards but it wasn't in swiftkey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney