Nokia ICON to LG G4 with some concerns

Ben Fulks

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
So i am changing from my Nokia ICON to an LG G4. I used to be in to android a lot, but i have since changed as a user. I mostly just surf the web, facebook, and get on the chive. i know for a fact this is more phone then i need, but is there anything i should be looking into, to better my experience? Little concerned with some of the threads i have seen on here about people having issues with the phone. i also know tech guys can be hyper critical, and lets be on i'm no longer the techy i used to be so many of the things they rant about the average user won't notice or be bothered with. Do i need to be worried about this phone?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC and G4 territory. :)

I don't have the Icon, but I do have virtually the same as that, the Lumia 930....superb phone.
I have the G4....ditto.
The 930 has its issues....I've never experienced them.
The G4 is said by some here to have issues....I haven't experienced them.
Keep your Icon and add a G4....enjoy both. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Ben Fulks

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Good. my icon has been experiencing ghost touches which has become increasingly annoying, hence the switch.
glad to hear that not everyone has been having the issues.

Thanks for the welcome to the forum. Look forward to posting my experience with the new phone. (just arrived at the house will do the activation when i get home from work)

Neill Baldwin

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Pretty much same boat as you. Coming from the 925 to the G4. The only issue I've experienced is it doesn't seem to get as strong of a signal sometimes as my 925. At work this happens on occasion. Other than that, just getting used to using Android again. Love the phone

Posted via the Android Central App

txsizzler

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
A short time ago, I was rocking a 1020 (had it the same time I had my Note 3). Compared to that phone, this one is muuuuuch smoother, much greater battery life, a screen that could make you fall in love with, and more. I do miss the live tiles sometimes, but then it passes like bad gas (TMI, I know).

However, I will be watching for the Windows 10 phones, and be eyeballing them veeeery closely.
Anyhow, welcome! Enjoy your new device, and please do participate with us on your interactions with your new G4!

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I had the 1020 and the 1520.. Running the DP on the 1520.. So I know full well about the touch issues.

My g4 on AT&T doesn't have these issues, but I don't Facebook and don't sync with it.

Good luck with it..

Posted with my awesome LG g4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49