Screen stays on while charging

Brian_d

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Changed the screen timeout from 30 seconds to 15 seconds - no change. This only happens when plugged/charging. New G4.

Paynekiller

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I have had this "problem" myself since I got it... if the screen was unlocked when I plug it in, the screen goes dim but stays on, which as we all know by now slows down the charging speed severely. I unlocked dev options to see if it was set to on by default but it doesnt appear that way. So I've just been turning off the screen manually since then.

Brian_d

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
SOLVED! This was happening on the better halves phone that we just picked up yesterday. I put our phones next to each other & started flipping through menu settings, comparing the two. I finally switched the settings menu to "list view" & found her phone has a "developers options" tab all the way down at the bottom (for whatever reason, my g4 doesn't have this tab). 3rd down the developer options list is "Stay awake, screen will never timeout while charging", which was checked. Unchecked & screen turns off now.

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
SOLVED! This was happening on the better halves phone that we just picked up yesterday. I put our phones next to each other & started flipping through menu settings, comparing the two. I finally switched the settings menu to "list view" & found her phone has a "developers options" tab all the way down at the bottom (for whatever reason, my g4 doesn't have this tab). 3rd down the developer options list is "Stay awake, screen will never timeout while charging", which was checked. Unchecked & screen turns off now.

Lol. I showed u that before.

greasegizzard

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

This was my problem, too. What was weird, though, is my developer options weren't turned on. I'm pretty sure they were when I first got the phone a few days ago. Maybe it was on the S6 edge I tried for a few days before I got the Note 5. Anyway, anyone else with this problem, you can turn developer options on by going into settings, about phone, and tapping on build number quickly several times until you see a series of pop up messages at the bottom off the screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo