I'm a total n00b and could use a how-to guide. I usually just point and shoot.
    06-14-2015 06:10 AM
    OK...

1..Switch to manual mode and start taking pictures with all the different settings writing down the settings you chose.

2..Compare pictures and learn what looks good...

Or... Head to your nearest camera store and see if they offer hands on lessons (most usually do BTW)... The latter is what I am going to do on my vacation 😄

There are plenty of guides on the Internet if you want to as well that explains things, but I have found it much easier to learn with a hands on approach.. Here's something.. http://www.cnet.com/how-to/dslr-tips...e-manual-mode/

Posted with my awesome LG g4
    06-14-2015 07:36 AM
    When you are in camera model tap the settings icon (gear) and then tap on the question mark and it will take you through a tutorial...

Or were you looking for photography tips?
    06-14-2015 09:27 AM
    I want to know how people take those night time photos where the lights stream and stuff
    06-14-2015 09:58 AM
    I want to know how people take those night time photos where the lights stream and stuff
    Yeah those are really cool. If you want really good long exposure shots you will either need a tripod or a steady surface to prop the phone on because the shutter is going to be open for a long time and any movement will cause the inanimate objects in the shot to become blurry. You'll want to set the shutter speed to anywhere between 1/2 to 4 seconds and play around with the ISO settings until you get a result that's not too washed out. Typically the brighter it is outside the lower you will want to set the ISO setting. It's a fine balance. Hope this helps.
    06-14-2015 10:30 AM