LG G4 all photos gone?

Prince Chunkyy

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Hey Morning all, i have had the same problem, last week i went to a trip along with my friends and took some good photos, i even shared with some the very next morning my friends also saw in my gallery, then i kept my phone aside as i'm writing an internal exam in my college, after writing the exam my friend asked to share those pics but i can't find any of them :( only the pics which are on the camera gallery were missing and that too only in those folders pics :( rest of the pics were there and everything was working normal :( tried to recover with many recovery softwares i can't find a single of that date, i'm getting all the pics which are deleted by me a month ago, the sd card i'm using was Samsung Evo 32 with which i'm very comfortable since the past two months, i can't find what the actual problem is and how it can be resolved and how my pics can be recovered :(

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
In your case it doesn't sound like the photos were deleted. Probably why recovery software isn't working. It's looking for items that have been deleted not missing items. Do you have a memory card? Have you tried syncing with a laptop or pc to view the files? Have you tried the Photos app and not just going through the gallery? Photos is an app similar to the Gallery app but it pulls photos and vids from all your sources. I'm assuming you've tried a file manager app like ES file explorer or Astro file explorer?

Posted via the Android Central App

eramamma

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I am having a similar problem, only my pictures haven't been deleted. They are showing in my File Manager and my gallery, but with the peaks icon and an exclamation point. It's weird, because it is only one day on my trip that did this, and those were some of my best pictures. The files show with data, but even the PC can't open the picture. Does anyone have a similar problem?

rmason3789

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I don't see how it is necessarily the phones fault... So far, you're the only one on this forum reporting this issue. To me it sounds like a problem with the sd card, or maybe an app you were using?

A coworker had the same thing happen with her older Samsung.

I understand how upsetting it could be.

rmason3789

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I just had the same thing happen to me actually. I took pictures with my lg 4k phone with these cell phone camera and now I cannot find them anywhere on my cell phone. This phone is brand new. I have looked everywhere in the phone, scum, in all the files a NB d CV even there's hidden files etc . Not sure where they went to.
Any idea at all??

martinus tarigan

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
What brand sd card did you get? Where did you get it from?

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

I think this is because of smart cleaning,
My contact and some photos in Gallery are deleted, I want to remove that's application because somehow it cleans my contact number when urgently I was really upset 😡 even I saved already....
That's stupid application.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
If your missing images are DNG files, the monthly "clean up" app could easily be the problem. It wants to delete all the raw/DNG files; JPG files are left alone.

stang.girl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Great...I'm having the same issue with my LG G3 now! I just moved about 300-some photos to a folder I created called "pictures," which is where I put pics I've edited to enhance color, etc. I just moved a pic to this folder maybe 3 days ago, and today I noticed that the entire folder is suddenly gone. I'm pretty upset, since it appears that they did not get uploaded to my Verizon cloud account (despite the fact that it's supposed to update every day). It's looking like I've lost a ton of pics, many of which were important to me. I have tried Recuva, and it didn't find any of the missing pics. All my other picture folders are still visible and all the pics are still in all of my other folders. Any suggestions on what I can try next to get my pics back? Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674