Does FoxFi work on the LG G4?

A

AC Question

Does FoxFi work on the LG G4

I currently have Foxfi and PDANet working on my current phone thinking on upgrading to LG G4 doe's anyone have any experience with program working.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Does FoxFi work on the LG G4

Does not work on AT&T. Thankfully I can just SIM pop it into my N5, I hope

Posted via the Android Central App

ColdBrew

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

It does work, but because you have to install a custom certificate, you can not use the knock feature... Which is annoying... But still worth it.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

It does work, but because you have to install a custom certificate, you can not use the knock feature... Which is annoying... But still worth it.

You can't use knock code, but can still use knock on and knock off.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

Is there a way to work around the knock code disable? I really love the knock code as my screen lock.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4 via Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Is there a way to work around the knock code disable? I really love the knock code as my screen lock.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4 via Tapatalk
If you are on Verizon then all their current plans include hotspot,so you can use the stock hotspot app.

I am personally on the legacy unlimited data plan with the unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot addon and everything works great

Sent from my Asus Zenfone 2

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

If you are on Verizon then all their current plans include hotspot,so you can use the stock hotspot app.

I am personally on the legacy unlimited data plan with the unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot addon and everything works great

Sent from my Asus Zenfone 2

Verizon unlimited customers does no it include hotspot, if you are getting it free than its a mistake and you are lucky. Here is a screen shot of when I try to turn mine on (I'm unlimited with Verizon).

Attachments

• QuickMemo+_2015-06-28-23-50-05.jpg
    QuickMemo+_2015-06-28-23-50-05.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 28
  • QuickMemo+_2015-06-28-23-55-00.jpg
    QuickMemo+_2015-06-28-23-55-00.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 28

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Verizon unlimited customers does no it include hotspot, if you are getting it free than its a mistake and you are lucky. Here is a screen shot of when I try to turn mine on (I'm unlimited with Verizon).
I have the unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot feature on my account. And yes it does cost $30/mo . After doing some searching, it is by far the cheapest compared to any official plan from other carriers for heavy data users .

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

I have the unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot feature on my account. And yes it does cost $30/mo . After doing some searching, it is by far the cheapest compared to any official plan from other carriers for heavy data users .

You kind of made it seem like you was getting it free by saying it is included in all plans. If you are paying $30 a month than its only included because you are paying for it.

Most rather use a app with no monthly fee than pay $30 a month. That's the whole purpose of this thread.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

You mind if made it seem like you was getting it free by saying it is included in all plans. If you are paying $30 a month than its only included because you are paying for it.

Most rather use a app with no monthly fee than pay $30 a month. That's the whole purpose of this thread.
I was just pointing it out for those that didn't know, that there are other options besides foxfi.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

You mind if made it seem like you was getting it free by saying it is included in all plans. If you are paying $30 a month than its only included because you are paying for it.

He said for "all current plans" (so the "MORE Everything" ones) -- He didn't say legacy plans were included.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

He said for "all current plans" (so the "MORE Everything" ones) -- He didn't say legacy plans were included.

OK if we are going to be picky about it, he didn't say "all current plans that are available for new customers". He also than went on to say he was unlimited and how he uses the hotspot, and never said anything about paying for it.

I thought he was getting it free and was just pointing out that it's not the norm and he was lucky. I wasn't calling anybody out or trying to be rude etc..

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

OK if we are going to be picky about it, he didn't say "all current plans that are available for new customers". He also than went on to say he was unlimited and how he uses the hotspot, and never said anything about paying for it.

I thought he was getting it free and was just pointing out that it's not the norm and he was lucky. I wasn't calling anybody out or trying to be rude etc..
Sorry for the confusion. I did state "addon" but I will try to be more clear next time.