Can anyone connect an LG G4 to an early 2008 MacBookPro via USB?

ellyenne

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone successfully connect an LG G4 to an early 2008 MacBookPro via USB? I have been unable. I've done this for 5 years with my Droid2.
I can connect a microUSB thumbdrive, so the phone hardware isn't a problem.
I've loaded the driver from the LG G4, and Android File Transfer on the Mac. I've set all the settings correctly.
So far, Verizon, LG and Apple techs have been unable to get the phone to connect. The only options the techs have is to reset my phone to factory, which means another 5 days setting it up again.
Can anyone help?

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone successfully connect an LG G4 to an early 2008 MacBookPro via USB? I have been unable. I've done this for 5 years with my Droid2.
I can connect a microUSB thumbdrive, so the phone hardware isn't a problem.
I've loaded the driver from the LG G4, and Android File Transfer on the Mac. I've set all the settings correctly.
So far, Verizon, LG and Apple techs have been unable to get the phone to connect. The only options the techs have is to reset my phone to factory, which means another 5 days setting it up again.
Can anyone help?

Here is another MAC user and what they did:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/539102-usb-debugging-issue.html#post4484806

ellyenne

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Anyone? This is an ongoing problem and I can't seem to get Android File Transfer to work. The LG drivers don't work. I can't find another app that works. All the other apps use WiFi or Bluetooth, or something else useless. I get really tired of the 2 step method using a thumb drive.
All my cables work with my Droid2 (which still connects just fine with my Mac). I've set up USB debugging. I've tried both USB ports on the Mac. I've set it to MTP. I've done all the easy stuff.
IT STILL DOES NOT WORK.
Help?

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
What are you wanting to transfer back and forth? I have my Photos synced using Google Photos and all my other files using Google Drive so I just log in to those and pull what I need. It's faster than even using Android File Transfer.

ellyenne

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Lion: 10.7.5. That's as high as I can go. It's nice and fast now, but the Apple geniuses thought Mountain Lion would be too much. On the other hand, Mountain Lion fixes a lot of problems in Lion, so If I can get a clean, free copy, I'd like to update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol