Launcher or stock?

floss776

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
This is probably my first Android phone that I haven't downloaded a new launcher or keyboard within the first 2 weeks.

Ever since I changed word suggestion to moderate rather than mild , I've been having some lag with the stock keyboard. Probably changing it back to mild, I just like the layout of the stock keyboard.

I know a lot of people seemed to enjoy stock at first. Are you guys still running stock or have you switched it up yet? Any home screen pics would be nice too!

I'm just gonna throw this in here, I've been averaging over 8hrs SOT :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 8454.jpg
    8454.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 268
  • 8463.jpg
    8463.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 268

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Next with a 3D Tron-esque theme. It's incredibly fluid and gorgeous on this phone.

The stock is nice, but I prefer something a bit more. Still managing plenty of time. I've been running bluetooth music for 5.5 hours with some browsing, Facebooking, 1 or 2 video trailers and I'm only down to 38% as of right now.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am one of those weirdos that actually likes the LG skin on top of the standard Android UI, so yes, I'm rocking the stock launcher.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I usually go straight to NOVA when I get a new phone. But thanks to being able to make custom icons, I have been sticking to stock. It's very clean and incredibly fast and smooth. When I want new icons, I just google them and copy them to use in the custom icon maker.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I went with the Google Now Launcher, i love the simplicity, i like the swipe to the left now cards i also changed some of the icons to regular Google icons

dann127

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Apex Launcher here but really just because I can change the home screen grid size and change the icon size. I prefer everything much smaller than the stock offering. Reorganizing the app drawer was also a huge plus.

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I went with the Google Now Launcher, i love the simplicity, i like the swipe to the left now cards i also changed some of the icons to regular Google icons

You know, I was a big fan of the GNL on my Nexus 5, and downloaded it pretty much as soon as I got my G4. But after having spent a little bit of time with LG's stock launcher, I realized that the GNL app icons are just huge. I like having control of the size of the icons. I didn't think I'd actually do this, but I deleted the GNL and have stuck with stock for now. I will admit that I miss having the Now cards so readily available, but I'm starting to get into the practice of just using the long-press on the home button to access them.

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Nova until this phone. I couldn't get the knock code to work with it so I keep it stock for now. You can get different themes and icon packs to change it up so I don't mind it. If I could I would go back to using Nova.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I stayed with stock as well. I usually jump around from google launcher and nova prime, but this one seems to be fine so I stuck with it. BTW, that screen show doesn't show SOT or am missing something? I see total off charge time. (I'm getting 3-3.5 hr of SOT)

meskin84

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I tend to jump back and forth between the Google Now Launcher and Yahoo's Aviate Launcher. I never been a big custom launcher guy, so I've always used the regular Google Now Launcher to keep it simple. I've really found the Aviate Launcher useful, though

dp3103

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
For those of you using Nova Prime, does your stock Messaging app work for you? No luck for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20