How do I upload slow mo videos to Facebook?

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You have to use some sort of video maker software FIRST before UPLOADING.

STEPS. Sorry caps lol
1. Get video maker/editor software from store
2. Import in and edit the video, you may not want or need to do anything at all to the video. Thats fine, just export it . (make sure its slomo in the video edit preview)

Then upload that exported video .

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

STEPS. Sorry caps lol
2. Import in and edit the video, you may not want or need to do anything at all to the video. Thats fine, just export it . (make sure its slomo in the video edit preview)

Which app do you use for editing video?

Sent from my sweet G4!

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I remember having this issue with the One M7 and M8. With that phone when you're playing back the video you had to save it there. Then it would work. I haven't tried this on the G4 yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The slo-mo video is not recorded in slo-mo. It is recorded in a higher frame rate per second (I think 120fps?). It was the phone's default video player that slows it down. If you play it in a different video app on the phone, it will play at normal speed. If you want to see it in slo-mo outside of the LG video player, you will have to find a player that allow you to play in slower speed.

According to this article, youtube can play in slow-mo:
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-watch-youtube-videos-in-slow-motion/

Last edited:

thegr8wendt

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

STEPS. Sorry caps lol

Can you recommend an App?

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Can you recommend an App?

Not for your phone, but on Windows or Mac there's Any Video Converter - free, easy to use, you'll be able to save your video in different formats, fps, etc. I think it will do the trick for you.

Also you might want to try VLC - I use the windows version to play vids and it has tons of functionality - I've read that the Android app is the favourite of many android reviewers.

thegr8wendt

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Not for your phone, but on Windows or Mac there's Any Video Converter - free, easy to use, you'll be able to save your video in different formats, fps, etc. I think it will do the trick for you.

Also you might want to try VLC - I use the windows version to play vids and it has tons of functionality - I've read that the Android app is the favourite of many android reviewers.

Thanks for the reply, but thats not very helpful. I want to upload slow-mo videos directly from my phone to a site, I don't want to involve another device.
I can't believe that I'm the first person to ask this question with the popularity of slow motion video's right now.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Really wish this was built in by LG from the start, but that app seems to get the job done. Thanks!

Yes, that would be nice... but we're talking Android and it's going to be a bit more work than Apple. It's worth it though, because you have choices :)

From that XDA thread, these apps seem like they'll do the trick:
  • Lapse it Pro
  • slow motion fx

I don't have the phone yet (comes out this Friday in Canada), so I can't test... but they look promising.

thegr8wendt

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded LapseitPro but I can't get it to work. I upload the slow motion mp4 file from my gallery, select render, and all I see is vertical colored line. I've changed all the setting and cannot see anything. I wrote Lapseit twice and have not received any response.

I'm getting kind of frustrated that I have to deal with this BS. IMO this is a major oversight by LG. What good is it to have a slow motion video if I can't share it with anyone?

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded LapseitPro but I can't get it to work. I upload the slow motion mp4 file from my gallery, select render, and all I see is vertical colored line. I've changed all the setting and cannot see anything. I wrote Lapseit twice and have not received any response.

I'll work on a solution (figuring out what editing app to use) and get back to you...

And I'm back :)

Try Slow Motion FX, https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.mobile.bizo.slowmotion&hl=en&token=nlwe9gU0 -- it's a bit ugly, has annoying background music that it plays while you use the interface (you can turn the music off, thankfully), and you have deal with ads unless you pay them a few bucks. But it works. I was able to have it process my slow-mo video (that was stored on the external SD card) and it automatically saved as a new .mp4, including slowed-down sound, to the internal memory (the new slow mo video was slightly less resolution, but just barely); I then moved that file to my external SD so as to not clutter up my internal memory. I transferred both files to my Windows computer, and everything works as expected: the original video plays at normal speed, and the Slow Motion FX video plays as slow speed.

As far as LapseItPro goes, maybe the issue was having it read from an external SD card, as I saw someone comment about that.

Last edited: