Bluetooth audio distortion

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Since I picked up my G4, I've been noticing some strange distortion when Bluetooth streaming to my Audi from Google Play Music. It's very minor, and I thought maybe I was imagining it. It's a slight background garbling. Anyone else notice sound quality issues when streaming? Thanks

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed stutters while using it with my Kinivo BT headset. It mostly happens when the phone is in my pocket and/or I'm walking around as opposed to standing still. That said, stutters while the device is less than 3 feet away is a bit hard to swallow. (My G4 is the not-for-sale International Korean, version, for the record)

Darwalk

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a Kenwood deck in my car and the BT audio sounds horrible. My M8 sounded fine, but this one sounds distorted, especially the highs. It has that digtal high clipping noise.

Posted via the Android Central App

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else who streams to their car hearing strange distortions? My LG G3 didn't have this issue. Really disappointing.

the53rdcard

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
If i can ever get it to play music in the car i will be happy to let you know. My JVC KW-V30BT in my truck wont see it as a media device, but it does see it as a phone. both the phone and the radio have options for bluetooth input/output, the radio has one for phone calls, and one for media, and the phone has calls, media, and input devices that i can check under the radios pairing.

My old galaxy s4 i had to enable the media in the radio to make it work, and then it worked fine, but the g4 i dont even have the option to enable the media in the radio, i only have the off button highlighted not the on, phone calls has both on and off highlighted.

not sure if it is a android version issue, maybe a bluetooth streaming type issue, been looking for anything that can fix it and get it working like the s4 did. thankfully i can still use the aux port, but i like the bluetooth more.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed some clipping on my Jaybirds but in my car (Mercedes), it's fine. If anything, there's less stuttering than with the M8. Do you notice it with different apps on the phone?

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed some clipping on my Jaybirds but in my car (Mercedes), it's fine. If anything, there's less stuttering than with the M8. Do you notice it with different apps on the phone?

I haven't tried other apps yet, but will today. I've always used Google Play Music as it was the only player to send through metadata on prior phone (LG G3).

lattiboy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue on my 2013 Subaru Legacy OEM unit.

Had a G2 with Viper4Android previously and was excellent. Even without Viper it was vastly superior to the G4, which has a lot of clipping in the highs. It's so bad I'm not even sure Viper4Android could optimize it away.

I'm within my 14 day period, and if I can't work out a fix I'll have to return and get the S6. Which sucks, because I pretty much love everything else about the phone...

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue on my 2013 Subaru Legacy OEM unit.

Had a G2 with Viper4Android previously and was excellent. Even without Viper it was vastly superior to the G4, which has a lot of clipping in the highs. It's so bad I'm not even sure Viper4Android could optimize it away.

I'm within my 14 day period, and if I can't work out a fix I'll have to return and get the S6. Which sucks, because I pretty much love everything else about the phone...

I'm going to see if maybe Spotify works better than Google Play Music, though I suspect it won't. There's a thread over on XDA about this as well. I was so psyched when I got metadata to display, and no skips or stutters with my new G4. Until I heard the audio quality. Sigh.

John Beef

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth audio distortion LG G4

I have the same thing. My old S3 did not have any sound issues from Google Play Music connecting to my Kinovo Bluetooth car stereo thingy. My G4 which I picked up on Friday puts out a low level digital sounding noise which is audible when nothing is playing and the volume is up. Also, with quiet parts of songs or older music that is mastered to a lower level, I can hear the background noise.

I might even venture to say the highs sound harsh to me and the mids lack body compared to the S3, but it might be my imagination.

Haven't tried any other apps than Google Play and I have not tried any other Bluetooth devices. I just googled it and found this thread and wanted to join this forum so I could maybe find an answer.

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

I have the same thing. My old S3 did not have any sound issues from Google Play Music connecting to my Kinovo Bluetooth car stereo thingy. My G4 which I picked up on Friday puts out a low level digital sounding noise which is audible when nothing is playing and the volume is up. Also, with quiet parts of songs or older music that is mastered to a lower level, I can hear the background noise.

I might even venture to say the highs sound harsh to me and the mids lack body compared to the S3, but it might be my imagination.

Haven't tried any other apps than Google Play and I have not tried any other Bluetooth devices. I just googled it and found this thread and wanted to join this forum so I could maybe find an answer.

Thanks for posting. I just did a factory reset, hoping it may help the problem. Seems there are a few of us having this issue.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I didn't notice it before, but I do now.

Thanks a lot, Mr. Beef. :p

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

An additional bit of info on this issue...in my case, it's intermittent. The sound quality will be okay for a minute or two, then it becomes garbled again. Goes back and forth, often several times in a single song. Seems to be related to higher pitched music, lots of instruments.

John Beef

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site

Just as a follow up, I have a Kinovo BTC450 Car Kit in my car. I also have a set of Kinovo BTH240 headphones in my office which I connected the phone to over lunch and I did not hear any noise with Google Play Music, even when cranked to an uncomfortable level. This is really strange.

lattiboy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I tested it on my UE Boom BT speaker at max volume and it sounded fantastic. My head unit sounds like garbage. A pair of generic BT headphones sound fine (but I have no baseline).

This is infuriating.

trade67

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

I have the stutter and distortion problems when I start streaming (usually podcasts from Beyondpod) to my Jabra Mini earpiece, but they always go away after a minute or two and the audio is clear after that. Other bluetooth receivers don't seem to exhibit these issues though.

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

Update on this issue...seems to be related to my Android wear smartwatch. Maybe two devices connected to the phone is too much at the same time? It's an LG Watch Urbane, you'd think it would play nicely with an LG phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz