So I went to o bestbuy and bought another g4 in hopes of getting better battery life than my s6, all seemed well, calls were great, battery seemed really good compared to my last one I bought which burned battery like crazy, even double tap seemed good.

However, after taking a few beautiful images of a sunny outdoor day when I opened the image in the gallery the screen was showing this wierd stripe about an inch wide running up the middle of the screen, if I double tap to zoom, the whole screen would flash and redraw, oddly enough the sales girl at best tried to convince me it was a feature ha-ha.

Other issue I had was with weak WiFi signal, I just could not sustain a solid signal, it did not seem to effect performance at all but it just always bounced up and down from 3-4 bars occasionaly hitting 5.

In the end I got spooked as its my 2nd phone in a row to have issues and just went back to my S6, shame really ad its a very nice phone and I was really starting to bond with it.

I'll check the forums and potentially give it a try again down the road once the release issues seem to iron out.

For now I have my S6, just need to deal with battery which is far from terrible but not as good as this last G4 (though my first unit drained insanely fast and had to be returned ).

Cheers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    06-18-2015 10:45 AM
    Honestly if the wifi worked fine I wouldn't say it was an issue. All phones calculate how "strong" a wifi signal is and therefore can display different amount of bars depending on which phone you're looking at. This goes for cell signal as well. You can have two phones in the same spot, on the same network, and they will have different bar signal strengths. You have to check the actual strength (in the case of cell signals the -dBm strength) to see the true strength of the signal.
    sswitzer likes this.
    06-18-2015 10:52 AM
    Honestly if the wifi worked fine I wouldn't say it was an issue. All phones calculate how "strong" a wifi signal is and therefore can display different amount of bars depending on which phone you're looking at. This goes for cell signal as well. You can have two phones in the same spot, on the same network, and they will have different bar signal strengths. You have to check the actual strength (in the case of cell signals the -dBm strength) to see the true strength of the signal.
    Well, no offense but what you are saying isn't what he is talking about. It sounds very similar to the issue I had.

WiFi should not fluctuate when standing still nor should the cell signal. His was, and he had a faulty digitizer on top of it to boot.

If you are sitting down and have 4 bars on each and place the top of your phone in the offhand in the middle of your hand and the WiFi signal drops off to nothing then you have a antenna problem of some sort...maybe a cold solder joint, maybe the pins are flexing I don't know... But there is a problem with some of these phones.

The signals aren't supposed to fluctuate unless you are moving. I know people who love these phones don't want to here this, but hey... I loved mine too

Mine would do this and more and that is why I returned mine and got the Active. I wouldn't have if I thought a software patch could fix it...

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active
    06-18-2015 11:50 AM
    The signals aren't supposed to fluctuate unless you are moving. I know people who love these phones don't want to here this, but hey... I loved mine too
    This definitely wasn't the case in my reply at all. I am here to help people as much as I can and I am not going to turn a blind eye to a real issue just because I may like the phone. I am very aware some may experience issues I do not... So I hope you weren't implying that I am lying simply due to me liking the phone as that would be very incorrect.

I am just saying phones show different signal strengths. If it is dropping back and forth -- then yes I misunderstood his issue -- But for one phone to show 4 bars out of 5 and another to show 5/5 doesn't mean there is something particularly wrong with the phone since it just calculates it differently. Also moving from hand to hand depends on where the antenna is as we all know humans can mess with signals so covering it up could cause the loss.
    06-18-2015 12:02 PM
    This definitely wasn't the case in my reply at all. I am here to help people as much as I can and I am not going to turn a blind eye to a real issue just because I may like the phone. I am very aware some may experience issues I do not... So I hope you weren't implying that I am lying simply due to me liking the phone as that would be very incorrect.

I am just saying phones show different signal strengths. If it is dropping back and forth -- then yes I misunderstood his issue -- But for one phone to show 4 bars out of 5 and another to show 5/5 doesn't mean there is something particularly wrong with the phone since it just calculates it differently. Also moving from hand to hand depends on where the antenna is as we all know humans can mess with signals so covering it up could cause the loss.
    No absolutely no I wasn't implying that at all. I figured you might not have understood what he was saying that's all... Sorry if I didn't word it properly..

I'm trying to talk to 2/3 tier support right now on the phone while typing this. I don't know if I will get put through to them or not. I guess not since they hung up on me.

Anyone know how to talk to someone state side?

06-18-2015 12:13 PM
    Well that was a exercise in futility trying to talk to someone who speaks English well or someone in the USA... Unreal...

Op Good luck to you I hope you get it figured out

06-18-2015 12:51 PM