LG G4: How to Improve the Graphics in Games?

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: uh, wait, is this a thing? first time I'm seeing anything about it?

Means little to nothing for those that do not play games, that may be why it was left out by that specific reviewer.

LG G4: How to Improve the Graphics in Games

Can someone please verify if any of this is accurate...because that's a pretty big matzo ball to leave out of every review I've read on the device...and certainly would change my plans to upgrade my wife's phone this weekend!

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

LG G4: How to Improve the Graphics in Games

Can someone please verify if any of this is accurate...because that's a pretty big matzo ball to leave out of every review I've read on the device...and certainly would change my plans to upgrade my wife's phone this weekend!

It definitely is an option under the "Battery" section.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Yes, to me the default setting of that is just one of the battery-saving features.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

So to clarify, its there an on by default right? So I'm wondering if all those comparisons people made with regard to gaming performance, are based on visibly worse IQ...or if they noticed the setting and turned it off to review/test with. I'd be interested in seeing Alex's impression of both IQ and gaming performance with the setting (both in and off) to help contrast the differences. I'd heard the performance was on par with Snapdragon 805 devices. I have a Note 4, so that's a good indicator of "relatively good performance" to me...but I wouldn't want to have to sacrifice IQ just to get to that level of performance.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I left it on. I'd rather play longer than have an incremental improvement in graphics

Well that's the big question, maybe you can help me answer. If you turn off the optimization does the device:

a. (Not likely) Perform the same with increased visual fidelity but suffer but suffer massively on the battery front.

b. (Less likely) Perform worse with increased visual fidelity but suffer no battery implications

c. (What I'm afraid of). Perform badly, improve the visual fidelity (but render it pointless because the performance tanks) and annihilates the battery life.

H_Wordsmythe

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Well that's the big question, maybe you can help me answer. If you turn off the optimization does the device:

a. (Not likely) Perform the same with increased visual fidelity but suffer but suffer massively on the battery front.

b. (Less likely) Perform worse with increased visual fidelity but suffer no battery implications

c. (What I'm afraid of). Perform badly, improve the visual fidelity (but render it pointless because the performance tanks) and annihilates the battery life.

How about d. Performs better with no notable improvement in graphic fidelity while hammering your battery. Because that would be my guess. If I had any games installed, I'd give it a shot, but I dont, so...

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about that....the source link demonstrated some pretty considerable degradation of texture fidelity...that's concerning...and certainly visually apparent...

PowerThroughLove

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
A texture is a texture. You cant change it on the fly. You could conceivably compress it, but even then there are only certain algorithms for on the flow compression and NONE of them work without the game being coded for it. Id question that source heavily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC