g4 voice assistant?

thisismelsemail

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Probably a dumb question but does anybody know if the g4 has a voice assistant? I believe the g3 did but cannot seem to find it on the g4.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I love google now. But google now cannot send texts or set alarms for me. Thats what im looking for

As user vansmack said, Google now does both of those things. I use it to set an alarm every single night. And it definitely can send texts, although I don't use it often.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I am getting more used to "ok Google" and it does a pretty good job but its got a ways to go to catch up to Cortana

You are the first person in the world who believes Cortana to be more advanced than Google Now. First and only, probably.

Not trying to be rude or anything, I've just never heard someone say that before.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I use Hound. I find it better than any other voice assistant due to the fact that it is context aware and it understand multiple queries at the same time.

thisismelsemail

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow i feel kinda dumb. I had no idea google now could actually access phone features. And it is definitely easier than voice mate. Thanks for the help guys :)

JmpnJeronimo

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
You are the first person in the world who believes Cortana to be more advanced than Google Now. First and only, probably.

Not trying to be rude or anything, I've just never heard someone say that before.

Cortana was so easy to use and did anything I needed. My 3 year old WP could not only ready texts but also allow me to respond and send without touching the phone. I also grew rather fond of just holding the search button to awaken Cortana.