Bluetooth file transfer to Mac problem

thegr8wendt

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm not a novice to this. My Macbook Air is 10.9.5. When I try to pair the G4 to my Macbook i get the response "paired" then "not connected".

• I can send files from my Macbook to G4 fine.
  • I cannot share files from my G4 to my Macbook = connection unsuccessful.
  • From my Macbook I try to browse to the G4 and I get the response "The device does not have the necessary services"

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a novice to this. My Macbook Air is 10.9.5. When I try to pair the G4 to my Macbook i get the response "paired" then "not connected".

• I can send files from my Macbook to G4 fine.
  • I cannot share files from my G4 to my Macbook = connection unsuccessful.
  • From my Macbook I try to browse to the G4 and I get the response "The device does not have the necessary services"

Could be some kind of permissions issue with the G4, have you checked the security settings? Added the Mac as a trusted device?

harveypotato

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I know that this is no solution to the Bluetooth issue, but if you just need files transferred from your G4 to your Mac, all you need to do is plug your phone into your computer via your USB cable and run a program/application called Android File Transfer. And make sure you do not have a program/application called HTC Sync anywhere on your computer.

If you do, and you don't know how to get rid of it, I suggest either Googling that, or go to the top-right of your computer screen where the WiFi & volume indicators are, and if you see a little green circle shape, and you right-click on it and it tells you that it's HTC Sync and you can exit, then exit!

I have no idea if this helps. I wish someone (anyone) with Android+Mac knowledge on the internet could answer this.