Facebook issues on G4?

Cmo511

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Just got my new G4. Love it. 💖
Installed fb app..and I cannot comment on my or anyone else's posts. When I type and then hit the arrow to post it...the whole app just closes and I'm back to my home screen. I can't uninstall updates cause the option is not there. Uninstalled the app four times. Complete with powering down and taking out battery each time. Factory reset it too. Nothing is working. Ideas? Help? Lol👍

Posted via the Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Must be a weird fb issue, its fine on my G4 but on my mothers Lenovo tab it does exactly what your describing and i haven't found a fix as yet.

If i do I'll update 😀

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Yup. Same here. Been having the same issue. But I noticed also that I'm having the same issue with my Nexus 6. So it may be an app related thing.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep, me too. I uninstalled and reinstalled thinking it was a glitch but it started after the last FB update. I don't know about you guys, but it seems like I have an update every other day.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Delete! It's the worst app in the play store. If you need FB log in from a browser. It's probably also sucking down the battery.

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, exactly and a battery hog.
I simply logged into fb with by browser of choice and set that bookmark on my "homepage" (CM Browser at least lets you do this and I only use CM), and it shows as an icon the says "Facebook".

Fred

JM22508

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Happening me too. Strangely, when I try to rate the app or leave a comment in Google Play, it tells me I am not allowed because I'm using a test version of the app.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Eh, I deleted it and Messenger and can tell a difference with battery life. I use CM Browser so I use the bookmark for FB.

Last edited:

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
This is what I did today and it worked with me. I went and left the Facebook Beta program. Then uninstalled FB app. Installed again the regular FB app. Works again as it should .

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Cmo511

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The opting out of beta testing worked for me too! Thankkkkkk you! It wasn't in the play store thou. I had to Google it. How to disable beta testing on fb. Found a link...took me to another link...where I could opt out. Uninstalled the app. Reinstalled the app. Now I can comment. Whoohoo! 💖👍

LgG4 - Verizon - 👍💖

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Had the same issue this weekend...it was driving me nuts. When I tethered my tablet, I could post comments on the FB app, but the phone app simply closed.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Facebook app came pre-installed on my ATT G4. I disabled it and only use the Chrome shortcut when I want to go there. Facebook chews up battery life like no other app I've ever seen...

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
The opting out of beta testing worked for me too! Thankkkkkk you! It wasn't in the play store thou. I had to Google it. How to disable beta testing on fb. Found a link...took me to another link...where I could opt out. Uninstalled the app. Reinstalled the app. Now I can comment. Whoohoo! 💖👍

LgG4 - Verizon - 👍💖
Glad that worked. Yeah. I also had to Google it and figure out how to get out of the FB beta program.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I knew I was on the beta test, but I wasn't aware that was the issue. Anywho. Good to be back on the ol' regular FB.