Battery drops 14% in 23 minutes

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Heavy words with friends and internet browsing. This can't be right. Verizon model. Auto brightness with slider at 100%

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
There was a thread with others using Chrome experiencing high battery consumption. You can try another browser.

For reference, I was getting about 1% every 2 minutes when using Chrome,but I also use auto brightness with slider around 40%,so that could have some impact too.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My screen can get crazy bright with the auto brightness slider at 70%. I don't understand using the full 100%; unless, I guess, you're in direct sunlight. But that'd just be a temporary increase and then I'd put it right back to my 70% most likely. I'm thinking of seeing how 60% or 50% does for me.

Your battery definitely shouldn't have dropped that much, but you were potentially maxed out on screen brightness, heavily playing a game (which I believe uses an internet connection to connect you to other players? I don't play it), and also browsing the web a bit...It should definitely take a small hit, in my opinion.

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
There was a thread with others using Chrome experiencing high battery consumption. You can try another browser.

For reference, I was getting about 1% every 2 minutes when using Chrome,but I also use auto brightness with slider around 40%,so that could have some impact too.

Sounds like you weren't doing a whole lot better than me? Recommendations on another browser?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you weren't doing a whole lot better than me? Recommendations on another browser?
Yeah it was pretty close. I tried dolphin but it didn't work well for me. I needed chrome bookmark sync so my choices were limited. In the past, Firefox worked well for me but I haven't used it much on the g4.I just live with the bad battery life.

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Just for fun yesterday, I put my new G4 and G3 next to each other, put both on full brightness, turned screen to always on, and left them there. Occasionally I changed Web sites in Chrome or opened other programs. In the end, my new G4 beat out the G3 by about 5 percentage points, and both got close to 6 hours of screen on time.

I see others posting over 4 hours of screen in time, but with constant use on chrome or words with friends, I'd be hard pressed to beat 2 hours screen on time.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it was pretty close. I tried dolphin but it didn't work well for me. I needed chrome bookmark sync so my choices were limited. In the past, Firefox worked well for me but I haven't used it much on the g4.I just live with the bad battery life.

I really have a like/hate relationship with Chrome, and this doesn't help. How ridiculous is it that Chrome can't behave with Android?

I usually feel like it is a half-...uh...hearted attempt at a browser.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I use Chrome Dev and have had a good experience with it so far. Haven't seen any battery drain.

I usually have 25-40 tabs open all the time when I flip thru recent apps.

I used Access Lock to restrict permissions on it so maybe that is helping.

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I use Chrome Dev and have had a good experience with it so far. Haven't seen any battery drain.

How much screen on time do you get playing on the Internet? What's your brightness setting?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

When I open Access Lock I don't even have the stable version of Chrome listed in the apps there. Am I missing something to allow that?

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
For those getting incredible battery life, can you please share your settings? I may have to return my phone if I'm getting comparatively horrible battery life. I'd love to hear from more Verizon users.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
For those getting incredible battery life, can you please share your settings? I may have to return my phone if I'm getting comparatively horrible battery life. I'd love to hear from more Verizon users.

I'm on Sprint and I'll share here if you want more info but I've posted quite a bit in this thread.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=539295

My worst day has been about 4 hours SOT and that was with almost 24 hours up time and everything on LTE or 3g.

If you want more settings, I'll happily post.