07-15-2022 11:07 AM
32 12
tools
    On the subject of charging, Im led to believe that this phone is supposed to be fast charging. My phone has been on charge now for an hour and is only up to 40%. Doesn't seem particularly fast. Ive read claims of 80% charge in 30 mins.
    The phone does indeed support Qualcomm 2.0 fast charging, but the standard charger that LG supplies is a standard one, not fast charge. So you need to get your own fast charger to see the phone charge quickly. And make sure the screen stays off, since the phone seems to be very sensitive to building up heat and will slow down the charge rate as the phone warms up
    02-21-2016 06:26 PM
    as i was searching for an answer i checked the usb connection to the phone and as soon as i turned of the mtp on the phone to just charge, turned off my phone. and it didn't turn on no more so its charging while off i hope it helps you guys too
    08-02-2016 02:09 PM
    Hi sorry guys,a late reply... Guess it doesn't really matter anymore just wanted to answer to OP.

About the phone booting up during QC charge figured out it's not to do with dev options actually. Before powering down the device first set flight mode on and then power off. Then the pbone will remain off during charge. For some reasons its just does this way.
    01-13-2018 11:56 AM
    This in fact is a normal operation according to LG: LG How-to & Tips: My phone automatically turns on when I connect the charger. Why? | LG Hong kong

This also happens in my LG K10 and by just plug the phone to the wall chareger THEN turning it off did the trick.
    03-04-2018 08:36 AM
    My LG G4 always turns on when it reach 5% charge. Hope that can help you.
    06-21-2018 11:46 PM
    This worked for me and it was so simple. I was looking in the wrong place for an answer.

On the plug end, where the USB cable is plugged into the plug, I noticed that the cable did not seem to be pushed in all the way. I pulled it out of the plug, then reinserted it as far as it would go.

Voila! The problem went away. I can now turn off my phone, insert the charging plug, and the phone goes into fast charge and, most importantly, stays powered OFF. Try it. this might work for you as well.
    07-15-2022 10:43 AM
    This worked for me and it was so simple. I was looking in the wrong place for an answer.

On the plug end, where the USB cable is plugged into the plug, I noticed that the cable did not seem to be pushed in all the way. I pulled it out of the plug, then reinserted it as far as it would go.

Voila! The problem went away. I can now turn off my phone, insert the charging plug, and the phone goes into fast charge and, most importantly, stays powered OFF. Try it. this might work for you as well.
    Welcome to AC!
    Hopefully it helps someone looking at this older thread
    07-15-2022 11:07 AM
32 12