LG G4 - Phone turns on while charging

Milos007

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I have LG G4. I turn off my phone then plug in the wall charger. After a couple seconds i get the battery icon with moving dots indicating charging. Then a few seconds more the phone turns on.

Can I charge with phone off?

Please Help!

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Just plug the phone in first, THEN power it off. It should just come back on in a few moments to show the battery, but not actually be on all the way.

Milos007

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
yeap, that's the one

It's already unchecked ... but still phone turns on.

Just plug the phone in first, THEN power it off. It should just come back on in a few moments to show the battery, but not actually be on all the way.

I know this, but the thing is not to put the charger while it's on... I had a few smartphones before this one, and they all charged while phone was off without turning the phone on.... is this the same with all LG mobile phones?

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I know this, but the thing is not to put the charger while it's on... I had a few smartphones before this one, and they all charged while phone was off without turning the phone on.... is this the same with all LG mobile phones?

I'm not sure. All my previous devices acted this way. So if I, for faster charging or whatever reason, wanted to have the phone off but still charging, I would simply plug it in first, and then turn it off.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So when the phone is powered down and your charging it, after a while it powers itself back on? I've noticed this too actually. The first time the battery died on me and I went to charge it. When I went to pick the phone off of it's charger the phone was on again.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
This is just the way it is. It's this way for most phones I've owned and I've owned quite a few.

The way to keep it off has been mentioned but plug in then turn off your phone. Otherwise plugging in starts a power up.

Milos007

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Guys, many thanks for clearing that up!

I was very worried about my LG G4, i thought that was defective. Strange thing is that I also have LG L70 and does not have this kind of issue....

So my final question is for the LG G4 owners:

WHEN YOU SWITCH OFF THE PHONE, DOES YOUR G4 TURN ON AFTER ITS CONNECTED WITH WALL CHARGER?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Guys, many thanks for clearing that up!

I was very worried about my LG G4, i thought that was defective. Strange thing is that I also have LG L70 and does not have this kind of issue....

So my final question is for the LG G4 owners:

WHEN YOU SWITCH OFF THE PHONE, DOES YOUR G4 TURN ON AFTER ITS CONNECTED WITH WALL CHARGER?

If you connect it to a wall charger, then power off the phone, no it should not turn on.

If you power off the phone, then connect it to a wall charger, yes it should turn on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo