Where are my photos?

Lonestar78

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I have a new LG G4 and I currently have the photos store on the SD card. When I unmount the SD card and try to transfer my photos via Macbook or the lightning to SD card reader for iPad it tells me there are no photos to transfer, what gives? I have tried a different SD card and have also factory reset the device to see if this fixes the issue with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks!

Jacob_1982

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I had issues finding my pictures on the sd card when plugging it in to computer with the usb cable. There was an option that appeared on screen (only when the cable was attached) that I had to change for the sd card to appear. Had to switch between MTP and PTP for the sd card to show up. Don't know if this helps at all, but it is something to check.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a new LG G4 and I currently have the photos store on the SD card. When I unmount the SD card and try to transfer my photos via Macbook or the lightning to SD card reader for iPad it tells me there are no photos to transfer, what gives? I have tried a different SD card and have also factory reset the device to see if this fixes the issue with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks!
What happens when you plug the phone directly into the computer?

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it's actually saving to the SD card?

Take a picture then go into the LG Gallery app and open the picture. Tap the 3 dots on the upper right corner and choose Details. At the bottom, there will be a path. Mine saves to external SD and the path looks like this: /storage/external_SD/DCIM/Camera/filename.jpg.

Lonestar78

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I haven't tried plugging my phone into my laptop because I edt on the go using my iPad, but I'll give it shot as soon as I get home, thanks for the recommendation!

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Every photo I take when set to SD card just shows a big triangle. Under details it says it's storing to the external storage but I can't view them.
When I connect it to my laptop to view it shows icons for the images but they say 0 bytes.
Capture.PNG

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

What file system is your SD card? Most likely whatever file system is not compatible or read by OSX.