Disappointed with my Qi sticker

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Have a leather back and swapped out the existing NFC sticker for a Qi/NFC I grabbed on amazon. I also have this cheap case on the phone.

LG G4 Cover, Terrapin [SLIM FIT] LG G4 Case [Smoke Black] Premium Protective TPU Gel Case for LG G4 - Smoke Black by Terrapin http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UN6Y1Z6...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4510976

I can only get Qi to work if I remove the skin and even then I have to line up the charger juuuuust right or it won't charge. I followed the installation measurements to the letter and can get it to work but only if it sits just right. If you were looking for Qi for the G4 I'd probably pass on the stickers.

Posted via the Android Central App

ozz101

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Have a leather back and swapped out the existing NFC sticker for a Qi/NFC I grabbed on amazon. I also have this cheap case on the phone.

LG G4 Cover, Terrapin [SLIM FIT] LG G4 Case [Smoke Black] Premium Protective TPU Gel Case for LG G4 - Smoke Black by Terrapin http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UN6Y1Z6...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4511025

I can only get Qi to work if I remove the skin and even then I have to line up the charger juuuuust right or it won't charge. I followed the installation measurements to the letter and can get it to work but only if it sits just right. If you were looking for Qi for the G4 I'd probably pass on the stickers.

I'm using a samsung Qi charger, and the sticker I got from Amazon. Works like a charm, and I have the black leather back.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I loved wireless charging on my S6 but I'll live without it for now when it comes to the G4. I could get to sticker and all that but.. I feel it may not be perfect and that'll annoy me.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I loved wireless charging on my S6 but I'll live without it for now when it comes to the G4. I could get to sticker and all that but.. I feel it may not be perfect and that'll annoy me.

That's how I'm feeling... If it's not just right, it's a lot of hassle to go through for something that will annoy me.

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm using a samsung Qi charger, and the sticker I got from Amazon. Works like a charm, and I have the black leather back.

Posted via Android Central App
I saw a Samsung qi charger on Groupon today. I can't remember the price but I'm pretty sure it's a good deal!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine works with a cheap TPU case on the phone, seems about the same thickness as any other rubbery case.

The charging coil is not centered on the phone, take off the back and look at it to get an idea of where you need to center on the charger. You need to center the coil on the charger.

Also the contact pads must be spaced with a little lump of something that is not provided with the kit. Look at the NFC contacts, there should have been a little black pad behind them on the sticker you took off. You basically have to duplicate that with a tiny bit or rolled up tape. There's a YouTube video of what's necessary in the other thread.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I had a Insignia clear case on, had to remove it. Using the Qi sticker, charging no problem, but cannot charge with case on. Using the plastic gray back. Also using 3 coil charger.

dustinanddina

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
I put qi stickers on both my black and tan leather backs and they work flawlessly.you have to put an extra tiny piece of the old nfc sticker under the pins otherwise they don't make good contact.you can also use a thin double sided tape.sounds complicated but it's not I got the advice from others on this forum.no matter which leather my G4 is wearing my qi works perfect.it has to its the ONLY way I charge my phone.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I tried the tape, I tried repositioning, nothing works. Well, actually removing the case works. That proves I'm making contact cause it'll charge fine like that. It just won't work with the silicone case. All my chargers work fine with my nexus 5 which also uses a silicone case. I'm irritated.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I tried the tape, I tried repositioning, nothing works. Well, actually removing the case works. That proves I'm making contact cause it'll charge fine like that. It just won't work with the silicone case. All my chargers work fine with my nexus 5 which also uses a silicone case. I'm irritated.

Same here, will not charge with thin case. I now invested into the quick circle and love it.

the53rdcard

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
i got the ebay sticker and at first i hated it, it just wouldn't work at all with the leather back, no idea if it would with the plastic as i dont have that. But then i found a post about adding electrical tape under the contacts, and i added to that with something else, so here are the two things that made mine work right.

First is, build up the area on the back plate under where the contacts will be, with electrical tape, small strips, and about 5-6 of them, then, do not put the sticker on the back plate, instead put it on the phone and line up the contacts, then with small strips of electrical tape, tape the contacts on the sticker to the phone, at that point put on the back plate with the stickers adhesive exposed, this way you know it is lined up correctly when it sticks to the backplate, and the tape holding the sticker to the phone isnt strong enough to keep it on the phone when next you remove the back plate.

After i did that, it has worked perfectly ever since.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800