Stock Messaging App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Go into settings - application manager. Go to the "all" tab. Find the messaging app and uncheck notifications.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

redlinecoatings

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
That disables all notifications. I still would like to have the led blink and for it to show in the status bar and on lock screen, just not wake the screen up.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
That disables all notifications. I still would like to have the led blink and for it to show in the status bar and on lock screen, just not wake the screen up.

I think there was a similar thread to this a while ago, and, from memory, I don't think there is a way to prevent this, no. I don't use one, but maybe a 3rd party launcher such as Nova may have a setting that helps...

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
When I receive a new text my screen doesn't wake up. I just hear the tone and the led flashes. I'm on T-Mobile.

Posted via the Android Central App

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
AT&T here, screen doesn't wake up. Light blinks and sound. To turn off pop up. Go into Message Settings; notifications; uncheck Message pop-up.

redlinecoatings

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Bell in Canada. Didn't think this would be a carrier specific thing. If I use Google messenger, it won't wake the screen up, but the stock app does.

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Yeah i think it's the pop up. Check your notification settings in the messaging app itself.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Lizmo623

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
My uscellular lg g4 doesnt wake up when i get any notifications... I didnt think there was a way to make it wake up since original poster wanted it to not wake up... I looke thru all my settings and cant find where i would make it wake up... Any ideas?

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
My Verizon G4 doesn't turn on the screen with an incoming message. Just LED and sound or vibration depending on my sound setting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674