LG G4, Stock Browser?

Wenvalley

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
What browser is considered the "stock LG" browser? I have Chrome, and I'm wondering if Chrome is the factory browser. I see reference to the stock browser, but I can only find Chrome on my phone.

I tried Dolphin, and deleted it after one day, and I'm now trying Firefox, the jury is still out on Firefox.

Any suggestions for a browser? Free is good, but I'm happy to pay for more features.

Thanks in advance...

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I use the stock one it's called browser 🌐 it has great features and works well for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Wenvalley

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmmm... I don't have an app called "Browser". At least not in the application drawer. Any idea how I would reload that app?

Chrome DEV? I'm downloading that one now. Why wouldn't you just remove Chrome (perhaps that's not possible)?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmmm... I don't have an app called "Browser". At least not in the application drawer. Any idea how I would reload that app?

Chrome DEV? I'm downloading that one now. Why wouldn't you just remove Chrome (perhaps that's not possible)?

Yeah, chrome is a system app on the Sprint version.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Yup, chrome is the built in stock browser.

I use Boat browser - I love how configurable it is. Also seems faster than chrome.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I use the stock one it's called browser ?????? it has great features and works well for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Also use Browser. Actually like it much better then Chrome. Seems cleaner to me. AT&T. Not sure if others decided to make Chrome default maybe.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The stock browser on AT&T's G4 seems to be a version of the Chrome browser. The menu items look similar. The only problem is that it's zoom on mobile site is off. It doesn't fit the width to the phone. The Chrome browser is better in that. I like my old Note 2 stock browser better though. It worked better in all the sites and it supported flash.

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd jump ship from Chrome immediately if there's a reliable alternative that doesn't heat up the phone as much (Verizon)

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The stock browser on AT&T's G4 seems to be a version of the Chrome browser. The menu items look similar. The only problem is that it's zoom on mobile site is off. It doesn't fit the width to the phone. The Chrome browser is better in that. I like my old Note 2 stock browser better though. It worked better in all the sites and it supported flash.

On mine it's just Browser. Doesn't even look like Chrome :) Thank goodness. Not sure, does Chrome still have Java? The "browser" is plain, nothing fancy. Pinch and zoom, etc works great on it. I don't even have Chrome installed on my G4. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar