Poll - your carrier specific thoughts on your G4

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
The G4 is the top of my Short List. I have read a lot of positive reviews, and some with nagging issues. Thought it might help others considering the phone (and myself of course) to get folk's feedback relating to the phone's performance relating specifically to their carrier, i.e. call voice quality, disabled features, battery drain, overeating, 4G speed and connectivity. A mention of your city might be helpful as well, if you don't mind providing it.
Thanks!

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
With regards to speed, I am in LA, but it varies greatly even within the same building sometimes, but this is what I see

Home
1898e6835f50bbf76bfcd0965baa6d8f.jpg

Work(I work in a high rise amongst multiple high rises)

uploadfromtaptalk1435252073789.png

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

H_Wordsmythe

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Another Verizon user here. Call quality is decent, but definitely not as sharp as my M7 was. Connectivity is fine - good speed and a consistent 4G connection. Battery life has been good; I'm averaging over 4 hours SOT, and once got close to 6 hours (it all depends on usage). Verizon did, of course, do their utmost to gimp the G4, but the only missing feature I would have been remotely interested in was the themes, and I can live without that. No overheating issues with mine, but I do have occasional, minor touchscreen issues, as do others. As for my city - I live out in the country (Clinton County, Michigan - 20 miles or so north of Lansing), so at home I only average around 20Mbps down (just thankful to have LTE out here at all, so I won't complain that it's not the fastest). All in all, I do not at all regret my purchase. This is an awesome phone, and it has no more issues than the S6, so I'm content. Matter of fact, the only issue I have is the touchscreen thing, and that's supposed to be fixed with an update, so no worries.

Full disclosure: this is my second G4. The first had a defective backlight. Apart from that, though, the experience was identical to that which I've described above. Well... I have noticed that this second one doesn't creak at all, and the volume buttons don't jiggle ever so slightly, like they did on my first, but those issues didn't impact my user experience.

alexsd123

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I am on Sprint. In San Diego I get around 0.5 - 1Mb/s down and about the same up. This is on 3g, which I have often. LTE I tend to have around 4-10 for download and upload. The Verizon post above makes me sad.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I am on Sprint. In San Diego I get around 0.5 - 1Mb/s down and about the same up. This is on 3g, which I have often. LTE I tend to have around 4-10 for download and upload. The Verizon post above makes me sad.

I know your pain my friend. I'm testing TMO network and I'm sad to tell you that LTE is miles faster than my sprint service. Sprint is sinking.

Last edited:

floss776

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Good call quality. Great camera. Love the screen. Very snappy, lag is rare for me. Been getting 8 hours of SOT with all the settings on high. I enjoy the size of iPhone 6 but g4 is actually a great size for me. I have Verizon and I'm 4g everywhere I go where I live. No problems for me

Posted via the Android Central App

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers