How to put phone on silent mode?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-25-2015 05:36 PM
    Go to the notification pull down and change the interruptions to none

Sent from my Verizon LG G4
    06-25-2015 05:42 PM
    I asked the same question:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ing-alarm.html

Not very intuitive but it helps to know that Notifications options are separate from Sound profiles.
    RUNL0ST likes this.
    06-25-2015 06:28 PM
    You go to Settings -> Sound -> Quiet mode .
    too easy
    06-26-2015 01:47 AM
    You go to Settings -> Sound -> Quiet mode .
    too easy
    There is only Sound and Vibrate only in the sound settings. No silent.
    06-26-2015 10:16 AM
    This is how I felt when I got the 5.0 update on my Moto x. And a perfect example of someone trying to fix something that isn't broken, because they think they're smarter than us.

"Hey, you don't need silent. We've got something WAY better! "
    I would punch the engineer(s) responsible for this mess, if I had the opportunity.
    06-26-2015 10:42 AM
    This is how I felt when I got the 5.0 update on my Moto x. And a perfect example of someone trying to fix something that isn't broken, because they think they're smarter than us.

"Hey, you don't need silent. We've got something WAY better! "
    I would punch the engineer(s) responsible for this mess, if I had the opportunity.
    ^ This. Silent mode got unnecessarily complicated.
    maybish likes this.
    06-26-2015 11:06 AM
    Couldn't agree with this more. Why? WHYYY?!

06-26-2015 10:03 PM
    To set quiet time on the Verizon G4 go to Settings > Sound & Notification > Interruptions > Downtime
    06-27-2015 03:46 PM
    They don't want your phone to go silent so they made it harder to find lol
    06-27-2015 04:21 PM
    "Silence Premium" is an app worth every penny. App on your home screen, multiple schedules and options, super easy manual silencing, can have it automatically silence to match your calendar meetings, option to vibrate, blah blah.

06-27-2015 07:45 PM
    Very easy to do.

Use your volume key, either up or down.

The volume slider shows up, all the way to the right of it is a icon showing what mode your phone is in. A star, a bell with a splash through it etc..

Click on that icon, a menu comes down from the slider and you pick what you want.
    06-27-2015 08:26 PM
    Very easy to do.

Use your volume key, either up or down.

The volume slider shows up, all the way to the right of it is a icon showing what mode your phone is in. A star, a bell with a splash through it etc..

Click on that icon, a menu comes down from the slider and you pick what you want.
    That's not easy. Easy was pressing down on the volume until it was muted.
    Anthony_NE likes this.
    07-02-2015 07:48 AM
    It's not as simple as it should be but the easiest way to do it, for me anyway, is to have All Interruptions turned on (no need to mess with priority), turn the phone down to Vibrate and set the Vibration strength down to the lowest setting.

Alarm still sounds but everything else is silent. I never have need for vibration so this works for me.
    07-02-2015 07:57 AM
    +1. Coming from a phone where I could turn off vibrate by pressing Volume Down, this feels like a step backwards.
    07-02-2015 08:54 AM
    On the ATT version I just have to tap on the "interruptions" button and set it to "no interruptions". That silences everything. Am I missing something here?
    07-02-2015 10:16 AM
    On the ATT version I just have to tap on the "interruptions" button and set it to "no interruptions". That silences everything. Am I missing something here?
    Nope. You are correct. But alarms won't work through that.
    07-02-2015 10:41 AM
    I'm glad i'm not the only one perplex as to why google did away with 'volume-down-to-silent-mode'.

Edit: I found this article that say that in Android M they brought back the volumn rocker to silent mode: http://www.droid-life.com/2015/06/01...lume-controls/
    maybish likes this.
    07-02-2015 11:14 AM
    Have you tried it? At most would take a split second longer, may even be faster if the volume is up all the way.

I was just posting a way to do it that wasn't being discussed. I personally love priority because my favorites (wife and kids) can get hold of me when I'm sleeping. Unfortunately a couple of my children have medical problems and I need to be able to get hold of 24 hours a day.
    07-02-2015 12:05 PM
    Nope. You are correct. But alarms won't work through that.
    So use Priority Mode. Isn't that the one that lets alarms and only certain callers through?
    07-02-2015 04:17 PM
    Silence Premium.

07-02-2015 04:37 PM
    So use Priority Mode. Isn't that the one that lets alarms and only certain callers through?
    You're missing the point. No one should have to go through the hassle. And besides, Lollipop broke motorola's assist. I didn't need to check my phone every night before. I told it when I slept, and it always turned off notifications until my wake up time. Extremely easy, and how it should work.

Plus, if I, being the person who everyone in the family goes to when they can't figure out how to work their android phone, had to look up online to figure out how to work it, it's too hard for the everyday user.

This new system should have been used as an addition to what we had, not as a replacement.
    07-02-2015 09:26 PM
    You're missing the point. No one should have to go through the hassle. And besides, Lollipop broke motorola's assist. I didn't need to check my phone every night before. I told it when I slept, and it always turned off notifications until my wake up time. Extremely easy, and how it should work.

Plus, if I, being the person who everyone in the family goes to when they can't figure out how to work their android phone, had to look up online to figure out how to work it, it's too hard for the everyday user.

This new system should have been used as an addition to what we had, not as a replacement.
    Not for anything but I didn't have to look anything up. I am coming from a Moto X 2013 and I don't find this to be a hassle. I pulled down the notification screen and all the settings were there. This is not brain surgery.
    07-02-2015 09:29 PM
    Not for anything but I didn't have to look anything up. I am coming from a Moto X 2013 and I don't find this to be a hassle. I pulled down the notification screen and all the settings were there. This is not brain surgery.
    Well good for you! Do you want a gold star?

Just because YOU think something is easy doesn't make it so. The countless people complaining since it was implemented speaks volumes more than your opinion.

I'd say you think you're smarter than you are if you can't comprehend this.
    07-02-2015 09:40 PM
    Well good for you! Do you want a gold star?

Just because YOU think something is easy doesn't make it so. The countless people complaining since it was implemented speaks volumes more than your opinion.

I'd say you think you're smarter than you are if you can't comprehend this.
    Ok. I give up. It's extremely difficult. I spent hours trying to figure it out. I just didn't want to admit it.
    tx_tuff likes this.
    07-02-2015 09:58 PM