I chose the G4 over the S6

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I am a phone/technology glutton. Admittedly. And I have realized that the "perfect" phone for me, may not be what the masses prefer. In the past year, I have owned, in no particular order: a galaxy s5, M8, Xperia z3v, LG G3, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6, galaxy s6, Droid Turbo, and LG G4. All decent phones, some I preferred more than others. All these phones would catch my attention for a little bit, for different reasons. But none of these phones were the whole package for me. When I picked up the G4, I had a few stutters, and was thinking that this was just another phone with a couple good ideas, but overall, not gonna work for my daily driver.

To begin with, my problems with the G4, the biggest hang up, was the lag. Oh mylanta, the lag. Ughhhh. I was hours away from returning the device back to Verizon, to try another phone, when I decided to try a hard reset, because it was the last thing to try. Thank goodness it worked! Lag disappeared and I only reinstalled apps that I used on a daily basis. I have slowly reinstalled more apps, and no stutters at all.

I love the ability to customize everything on this phone. From the sounds to screen to on screen buttons. (I like my back button on the right handed side) The camera and battery life have been more than perfect for me. I use the stock browser right now, and either Go SMS for texting or Verizon Messaging Plus. I am pretty pleased with the stock keyboard, but switch back and forth between Go keyboard and stock. The camera has taken excellent action shots of my kids, and quality still shots. My battery isn't a problem, I have no problem plugging in for a quick juice during the day, but with heavy use, I haven't killed the battery yet.

All in all, this is the best phone, for me, in my opinion. And I am super happy with it!

Posted via the Android Central App

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I am a phone/technology glutton. Admittedly. And I have realized that the "perfect" phone for me, may not be what the masses prefer. In the past year, I have owned, in no particular order: a galaxy s5, M8, Xperia z3v, LG G3, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6, galaxy s6, Droid Turbo, and LG G4. All decent phones, some I preferred more than others. All these phones would catch my attention for a little bit, for different reasons. But none of these phones were the whole package for me. When I picked up the G4, I had a few stutters, and was thinking that this was just another phone with a couple good ideas, but overall, not gonna work for my daily driver.

To begin with, my problems with the G4, the biggest hang up, was the lag. Oh mylanta, the lag. Ughhhh. I was hours away from returning the device back to Verizon, to try another phone, when I decided to try a hard reset, because it was the last thing to try. Thank goodness it worked! Lag disappeared and I only reinstalled apps that I used on a daily basis. I have slowly reinstalled more apps, and no stutters at all.

I love the ability to customize everything on this phone. From the sounds to screen to on screen buttons. (I like my back button on the right handed side) The camera and battery life have been more than perfect for me. I use the stock browser right now, and either Go SMS for texting or Verizon Messaging Plus. I am pretty pleased with the stock keyboard, but switch back and forth between Go keyboard and stock. The camera has taken excellent action shots of my kids, and quality still shots. My battery isn't a problem, I have no problem plugging in for a quick juice during the day, but with heavy use, I haven't killed the battery yet.

All in all, this is the best phone, for me, in my opinion. And I am super happy with it!

Looks like the G4 was the last phone of the new ones you hadn't tried! Glad to hear you're happy with it...I'm picky as hell too, so I can relate. I'm doing as much research as I can before I pull the trigger because I hate returning things.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Goot d little atory, but not one reason why it over tbe s6? Did you try the s6?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I applaud you in your efforts to attain 'YOUR' perfect device! If you hadn't done that FR, you would of never known how good the G4 could be for you. Other people would just give up and move on. You're cautiousness with installing multi apps is something I do as well. Its easier to catch rouge apps that can ruin a device. Smart moves and congrats! :)

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
All of the new flagship phones are amazing devices. The G4 though is something special. It continues to get better at being itself and not try to be closer to something else. I've had an issue with my G4 but still would rather have it than anything else available now. Today I got my free SD card, battery and cradle. Fast charge is fine, but nothing beats 100% right now. Thanks LG for sticking with the reason I chose Android in the first place...options.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Goot d little atory, but not one reason why it over tbe s6? Did you try the s6?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I actually had an s6 at the same time I bought the g4. I was tired of TW, and didn't realize how much customization Samsung lacks. Samsung is a great go to phone, if I would need a back up and I will give Samsung props for having themes through their interface to use quickly. And their camera is also very good. I was looking for the whole package though, not just enough to get by with. The battery in the s6 was a HUGE disappointment for me. The Samsung may be great for everyone else. It just wasn't everything I wanted for me personally.

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
A reset didn't help mine. Hopefully LG fixes these issues because I like the phone. Though, at this point I'm looking forward to the '15 Moto X.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt