Any way to turn the LED off at night?

camelot023

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
First post so a little background. This is only my second "smart phone". I had been using the Galaxy S3 for the last 2+ years. Other than it being old, slow, and out of storage I had no issues with my S3. Went to Sprint last week with the intention of picking up a Note 4. The salesman talked me into the LG G4. Since then I have been customizing and tweaking my new G4. I love the speed, the bigger screen, and the camera. The obvious issues I have are the same as have already been talked about on the forum, picture rotating after sending and not being able to edit pictures and save to the SDcard. I still have 4 days left on my original 14 to exchange.

On to my question. Is there a way to set the LED to not flash between specific hours? On the S3 I had it set to not flash between 10pm and 7am. I charge my phone on my night stand and the flashing LED gets annoying. I know you can shut off all notifications but I still want calls and texts to come through. It's when I get emails at night or slickdeals alerts that the LED starts flashing.

Thanks

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
First post so a little background. This is only my second "smart phone". I had been using the Galaxy S3 for the last 2+ years. Other than it being old, slow, and out of storage I had no issues with my S3. Went to Sprint last week with the intention of picking up a Note 4. The salesman talked me into the LG G4. Since then I have been customizing and tweaking my new G4. I love the speed, the bigger screen, and the camera. The obvious issues I have are the same as have already been talked about on the forum, picture rotating after sending and not being able to edit pictures and save to the SDcard. I still have 4 days left on my original 14 to exchange.

On to my question. Is there a way to set the LED to not flash between specific hours? On the S3 I had it set to not flash between 10pm and 7am. I charge my phone on my night stand and the flashing LED gets annoying. I know you can shut off all notifications but I still want calls and texts to come through. It's when I get emails at night or slickdeals alerts that the LED starts flashing.

Thanks

I think it's either off or on. I leave my phone face down on the nightstand since I have to hit the back button to snooze the alarm.

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
You can add an led quick toggle in your notification shade. You'd have to manually turn it off before bed and on again in the morning though. Maybe there's an app?

Posted via the Android Central App

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I use an app called Light Flow to control not only the LED on/off but the brightness, color and notification schedule as well. There are both free and paid versions of the app and both work well... the paid version has a few more features of course.

David

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma