OMG, how do you stop the AT&T address book?

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up a G4 and no matter what I do the AT&T address book pops up, I click OK and then it comes back, this is madness, I do not want tobuse their crappy cloud software lol.

Any ideas ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: OMG, how do stop the AT&T address book?

Can you disable it in the app manager?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

No unfortunately,

When I click contacts it opens the app, then I clock ok and it says to set it up dial 611, and gives me an advert about the app, I don't want to use it lol. I went into the contacts setting in the phone and chose to use google only and it still tries to force me to use the att application, what gives haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site

But did you try to disable it in the app manager in your settings? Not the call app settings but in the phone settings itself. Will it give you an option to disable it?

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site

But did you try to disable it in the app manager in your settings? Not the call app settings but in the phone settings itself. Will it give you an option to disable it?

It couldn't be disabled from there.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

That's strange. Mine popped up twice I believe, and it had a little option to use it or not, and I said "not" lol. I forgot the specifics, though...whether it was a checkmark box, or if I simply hit the back button to exit it when it popped up & then another popup came up which said "if you'd like to use this later, just open AT&T Address Book" or something...I'm thinking it was more along the lines of the latter.

Afterwards, I disabled it. It's even gone from my App Drawer.

I'm not sure why you guys are saying you can't disable it. I either disabled it or uninstalled it. Because it's gone.
I believe I simply long-pressed it in the app drawer and dragged it over to "disable" or "uninstall" or something.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
After a while I finally got the message to not use it and was successful in stopping it from popping up, it was quite maddening that it was so relentless in it s pursuit in me using it though. Thanks for the help :)

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Zarras1

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Kyocera AAB (AT&T Address Book) Disable
Go to the Apps screen, run Settings, select Apps.
Swipe Left to see RUNNING apps!
Select AAB then Stop it, Swipe Left again to see ALL apps and select AAB and Disable it.
This will stop the auto sync when you open contacts on the Kyocera C6745.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12